2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

Embarrassing performance by Cleveland....

Embarrassing? Beyond embarrassing.

It's one thing to get blown out. It's another thing to get blown out due to 0 effort given on the floor. Even Varejao isn't giving his normal energy and effort. Seeing assistant coach Chris Jent and trainer Max Benton sitting there talking and hugging LeBron is sickening. And the fact that Gibson and a few other Cavs players are sitting there talking and laughing with LeBron while they are sitting on the bench is unacceptable.

Complete. Joke.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually feel bad for the Cavs now... the players, that is, not their obnoxious, childish, entitled fanbase.

Obnoxious... sure. Childish... why not.

But entitled? No, that's Boston.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

38 points. He :censored: on the team leaving, & :censored: on them on his return. It's like Deebo stealing your chain that your grandma bought you, pawning it, then using the cash to take your girlfriend on a date @ your favorite restaraunt, then having the nightcap in your bed. Just complete ownage.

At least Cavs fans got to air their greivances. :/

What's embarrassing are these announcers. If you're just going to argue about how LeBron left, months after its relevent and after EvErYoNe already has developed their own opinions about the situation, just cut the damn audio.

Maybe the relative peace in Cleveland tonight was because they couldn't decide whether to shiv LeBron or Reggie Miller first.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So how closely did the fans follow the chant sheet? I didn't watch much of the second half. The Twitter seemed to be pretty popular during the game, but there's something uniquely sad but fittingly Cleveland Cavaliers about following a predetermined schedule of "creative" insults on your one night to show up the supposed super-villain.

Still, whatever little the fans had in the tank, it was more than the players. It was just disgraceful to see everyone joking around with LeBron during the game. Sure, maybe the players are friendly with him in real life, but with the hype around this game and what it means to the fans, you don't fraternize with the opponent during a game--not to mention the inherent "you suck" to everyone in the organization made by LeBron when he left, it was totally out-of-place, but consistent with the team's general effort/response to the big stage.

Today, LeBron officially surpassed Cleveland, I think. If he had any regrets about leaving, they completely disintegrated like the chalk he threw up in the faces of 20,000 angry witnesses.

Hey, Cavalier fans...

Not only did your ex return to your party looking better than when she left; she also slow-danced with all of your best friends!

I agree with Sir Charles; that was a sickening display by the Cavs' team.

Couldn't just one Cav player have taken the self-proclaimed king down hard just once to send the message that "what you did to these fans was wrong!"?

I guess if you want your sports "heroes" to stand up for you and your community...

You should follow a hockey team.

So how closely did the fans follow the chant sheet? I didn't watch much of the second half. The Twitter seemed to be pretty popular during the game, but there's something uniquely sad but fittingly Cleveland Cavaliers about following a predetermined schedule of "creative" insults on your one night to show up the supposed super-villain.

The "chant sheet" was actually made by a Celtics fan in El Paso. :P And I've read/heard them chant the "Akron Hates You", "Scottie Pippen", and "De-lon-te" chants last night, but that's about it.

And wow, the Cavs played like a team with as much heart as they did in the playoffs last year.

6fQjS3M.png

I can take being blown out if you leave everything on the court and bust your ass for 48 minutes. That doesn't embarrass me. It's embarrassing when a team doesn't even try. It's embarrassing when players on the bench think its more important to laugh and talk while they are on the bench than get engaged in the game.

Not that it matters at this point but...you all do realize that Miami is a whole lot better than the Cavs right? It's not like the Heat waltzed into LA and pounded a lifeless Lakers team by 28.

Undoubtedly. I'm not denying that, I'm just upset with a team that showed no desire to be on the floor last night.

6fQjS3M.png

They Heat have more talent in 3 starters than the Cavs have on the entire roster. That's not the issue. It's the fact that the Cavs laid down and did so smiling and laughing with the other team. But, that's the age of "sport" we live in now.

They Heat have more talent in 3 starters than the Cavs have on the entire roster. That's not the issue. It's the fact that the Cavs laid down and did so smiling and laughing with the other team. But, that's the age of "sport" we live in now.

That may not be the issue but it's probably why they lost by 28.

BB52Big.jpg

Exactly. It's sports. As in "played for fun." To echo what's being said about Derrik Anderson in the NFL thread, why are we against pro athletes having fun? Why should they act like what's happening on the field/court/ice is a life and death situation? They're playing a game, let them smile now and then.

Exactly. It's sports. As in "played for fun." To echo what's being said about Derrik Anderson in the NFL thread, why are we against pro athletes having fun? Why should they act like what's happening on the field/court/ice is a life and death situation? They're playing a game, let them smile now and then.

Again, I don't mind having fun and smiling. But smiling and laughing when you are getting spanked by 30. No. Sport revolves around competition. If you are not going to compete, don't call it sport and remove yourself from the court.

Archived