2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Mavs in the Finals. Getting really bored of the Lakers every June.

agreed, anyone but the LA Fakers I mean Lakers!

Oh I get it. You switched out the L for a F, so it spells Fakers. Like they're not legit or something. Real original. Never seen that before. :rolleyes:

I'd love to see the Mavs in the Finals. Getting really bored of the Lakers every June.

You better get those yawning muscles all stretched out then. :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

agreed, anyone but the LA Fakers I mean Lakers!

Oh I get it. You switched out the L for a F, so it spells Fakers. Like they're not legit or something. Real original. Never seen that before. :rolleyes:

You better get those yawning muscles all stretched out then. :P

I think the funniest thing is that he's a Yankees fan.

1zqy8ok.gif

Yay or Nay to Bill Simmons commentary tonight in Oakland. I love the guy but his voice just doesn't fit with commentary of anything.

I can just imagine if it were the Celtics playing Golden State.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nay to Simmons. He was okay, but never again. If ESPN wants him to cover basketball games, they should just stick him in the studio with the rest of that awful NBA coverage that they have.

But yeah, hate to bring up more Clippers talk, but the Vinny Del Negro that admiral has been talking about in this thread was at today's game in full force. I'm convinced that if he coached the '92 Dream Team, they would've won Bronze.

I mean, the Clippers are BAD, but they definitely aren't getting any help from the head coach.

Not exactly a shocker here, but "sources" tell ESPN that Carmelo Anthony only wants to play for the New York Knicks and he will not sign the 3 year, $65 million contract extension to play for any other team if the Nuggets trade him.

As well as the Knicks are playing right now, who do they have that Denver would want really? I mean they aren't trading Amar'e away.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not exactly a shocker here, but "sources" tell ESPN that Carmelo Anthony only wants to play for the New York Knicks and he will not sign the 3 year, $65 million contract extension to play for any other team if the Nuggets trade him.

As well as the Knicks are playing right now, who do they have that Denver would want really? I mean they aren't trading Amar'e away.

Does he really believe that the Knicks are the best spot for him? Maybe my homer goggles are a little foggy, but isnt it a well-established fact that a team like the Bulls (who are still pursuing Carmelo) are closer to a championship than the Knicks?

Whatever, I heard on the radio the other day that Bulls are talking with the Grizzlies for OJ Mayo, who has been riding the bench in Memphis. He would actually be a better fit in Chicago because he doesnt demand the ball nearly as much as melo. They could still run the offense through Roses hands, but rely on a guy like Mayo to create a shot whenever.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Sugar-coat it all you want, but a 5-18 team is far from "good".

The majority of those losses have been very close losses brought on by turnovers or other mistakes by the Clippers.

So if you don't count all the mistakes they make, they're good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The majority of those losses have been very close losses brought on by turnovers or other mistakes by the Clippers.

But if we take away close wins, I'm sure the Clippers are still winless. It kinda works both ways. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

That's pretty much been the motto of the Clippers for decades, so yeah. :P

In all seriousness, they're the youngest team in the NBA right now. I expect them to make mistakes. That's something players start to grow out of as they get older and more experienced. In the meantime, at least I can watch Blake Griffin go off every night.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

"They're young, they'll make mistakes" reeks of complacence with the absolute worst coach in the league. There are sporadic rookie errors, and then there are entire stretches of going to the zoo because nobody is giving them any sort of substantial, X-and-O coaching when they need it most. Whether Blake Griffin has played one game or a hundred, he shouldn't habitually find himself involved in the league's most embarrassing and baffling possessions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just a bunch of hard-working young kids one big free agent away from contention.

I say we need more owners like Donald Sterling. The public needs to be disabused of the notion that pro sports teams are automatically awesome. Some, like the Clippers, really don't provide much value to anyone beyond the owners and players cashing their checks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't agree with that at all. I root for a :censored:ty team, but I do it because I like the team, and it's fun to watch them play and see them try to figure things out on and off the court. Almost like a reality TV show. Not because I necessarily expect them to win.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I don't agree with that at all. I root for a :censored:ty team, but I do it because I like the team, and it's fun to watch them play and see them try to figure things out on and off the court. Almost like a reality TV show. Not because I necessarily expect them to win.

But Abe Pollin was a good guy. He made dumb movesm but at least he tried to deliver a winning basketball team (to say nothing of the investment he made in the Chinatown area of DC).

What benefit does Donald Sterling give to anyone but himself and his players? Except for the random free agent signing here and there, how has he ever demonstrated that he's committed to delivering a winning product worthy of fan support, year in and year out?

The guy is a net drain on the league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No matter if your 15-8 or 80-2, no Owner should publicly heckle and taunt his players. The guy has to hold himself to a higher more professional standard. If he should heckle anyone, it should be himself... <_<

I dunno. If I'm paying a guy $13 million annually and he plays like a veteran minimum player (when he previously hadn't), I think it is justifiable to heckle.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived