2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

All the "Life and Death" talk aside, how impressive was LeBron last night? All he did was walk into the most hostile environment he'll probably ever face and dominate the game. I may be in the minority here but I was pretty damned impressed. Dude is fun to watch. The jersey he's wearing when he plays doesn't change that.

Sorry fellow Ohioans but I just can't bring myself to hate on the guy. I guess I've lost all perspective. I suppose I'm not a very good fan.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other players don't owe their mongoloid fanbase any more than LeBron did.

The "mongoloid fanbase" that you refer to...

Would that be sports fans in general, or Cavalier fans specifically?

A little of both is my guess. Although a good percentage Cleveland fans are particularly "mongoloid."

BB52Big.jpg

All the "Life and Death" talk aside, how impressive was LeBron last night? All he did was walk into the most hostile environment he'll probably ever face and dominate the game. I may be in the minority here but I was pretty damned impressed. Dude is fun to watch. The jersey he's wearing when he plays doesn't change that.

Sorry fellow Ohioans but I just can't bring myself to hate on the guy. I guess I've lost all perspective. I suppose I'm not a very good fan.

I'll say that's been one of the most impressive performances I've seen him have since Game 5? of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007. I'll give him that he's fun to watch when he puts it on, that doesn't change that I sports hate LeBron though. :P

And... I miss Big Z :(

Also, I don't have an issue with players joking around on the bench. I get that. I've joked around on the bench down 30 before. It's not a big deal. It's the lack of effort when they are on the floor that killed me. I wasn't expecting them to win, but I was expecting them to hang around for more than the first 6 minutes.

6fQjS3M.png

Again, I don't mind having fun and smiling. But smiling and laughing when you are getting spanked by 30. No. Sport revolves around competition. If you are not going to compete, don't call it sport and remove yourself from the court.

You can compete without taking yourself so damn seriously. Look at Reggie Miller - half his game was getting into his opponent's head thinking of witty disses, and it always worked to give him an edge, especially against John Starks. Where were people like you then screaming "NO JOKING, NO TRASH TALKING, NO FUN EVER"?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I can't see how all the mean-muggin' in the world would've helped the Cavaliers last night. That's a pretty not good team you guys have there.

Exactly. People are acting like the Cavs were right there with the Heat when it came to talent and it was only their lack of effort that cost them the game. Who's to say that last night wasn't a good effort by the Cavs? Losing to Miami wasn't supernatural or anything. It was pretty much expected. The Heat are just that much better than the Cavs. Anyone not wearing "The Cavs will rise up and dish out cruel and cunning revenge" blinders didn't seriously expect anything other than what happened last night. Frankly, I'm pretty impressed that the Cavs are only four games under .500.

BB52Big.jpg

This totally happened Monday night...

2ywac1f.jpg

Talk about being in the right place at the right time with the lens.

That's cool as hell.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This totally happened Monday night...

Shouldn't you be more than 6 games over .500 when you make grandiose pronouncements such as this?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That was probably from the first quarter or so. There was talk of postponing the game due to a snowstorm that heavily affected traffic. The arena actually filled up near the end. Reminded me of an Atlanta/Miami crowd, without part of the crowd leaving in the 3rd quarter to go to the club. :P

I'll give Cavs fans credit, I didn't expect them to draw as well as they have so far in the season. They're 2nd in the league.

No Lebron means nobody in Cleveland cares anymore.

chicle_101208_05.jpg

I love being right.

As TFoA mentioned, the game did start late due to a :censored:load of snow suddenly being dropped on Cleveland last night. Hell, 5 of the Cavs players got to the game at 6:30 (for a 7:00 game) because it was nothing but gridlock downtown.

That was probably from the first quarter or so. There was talk of postponing the game due to a snowstorm that heavily affected traffic. The arena actually filled up near the end. Reminded me of an Atlanta/Miami crowd, without part of the crowd leaving in the 3rd quarter to go to the club. :P

I'll give Cavs fans credit, I didn't expect them to draw as well as they have so far in the season. They're 2nd in the league.

That said though, the only reason the Cavs are 2nd in the league is because almost all (if not all) of those tickets come from some level of season tickets, which the Cavs made renew well before LeBron's decision.

6fQjS3M.png

No Lebron means nobody in Cleveland cares anymore.

chicle_101208_05.jpg

I love being right.

So what if you are wrong?

It was the worst blizzard in Cleveland in the last like 50 years. It was one of the first games this season when the first 2 bowls weren't filled and most of the upped deck. Good try though. You almost knew what you were talking about.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived