2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Lebron means nobody in Cleveland cares anymore.

chicle_101208_05.jpg

I love being right.

So what if you are wrong?

It was the worst blizzard in Cleveland in the last like 50 years. It was one of the first games this season when the first 2 bowls weren't filled and most of the upped deck. Good try though. You almost knew what you were talking about.

As much as I hate to defend Cleveland fans, the Cavaliers are actually second in the league in attendance.

IUe6Hvh.png

I can't stand Derek Fisher.

Well, if you let Derek Fisher make a driving layup w/ 3 seconds left to win the game, you deserve to lose that one.

Of all people on the 2010 Lakers, Derek Fisher was the one. That was terrible.

Sad but true...give old man Fisher his due, but in typical Clipper form they let another slip away. I read elsewhere after the game, Blake Griffin stood in the hallway after the game, with the game ball very pissed off.

I never believed in this "Clipper Curse" nonsense, but with the stench and bad karma that is Donald Tokowitz Sterling, maybe there is some truth to that.

It isn't a curse. Curses are bull :censored:. It was the inexcusably sloppy play at the end that cost us the game.

I'm beyond tired of the Clipper Curse. Fans buy into it, the media buys into it, and I think the players buy into it. It's nothing but a convenient excuse for losing and mediocrity. Maybe if everyone shut up about the Clipper Curse, the fans and even the team wouldn't be so damn negative.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well, if you let Derek Fisher make a driving layup w/ 3 seconds left to win the game, you deserve to lose that one.

Sad but true...give old man Fisher his due, but in typical Clipper form they let another slip away. I read elsewhere after the game, Blake Griffin stood in the hallway after the game, with the game ball very pissed off.

That is one dude that absolutely HATES losing. I remember watching a Clippers game earlier this season where the Clippers were getting blown out, & Griffin was just steaming on the floor. I mean, I'm pretty sure everybody in the NBA has some sort of competitive fire, but it's very easy to see his, and you can tell that he absolutely detests losing.

Just get a decent team around Griffin & good things are gonna happen for the Clippers, that guy is gonna change the culture in that franchise one way or another. That's assuming they actually build around him.

We have a good team around Griffin now, but the problem is that it's still a really young team, and as the old adage goes, young teams don't win in the NBA. This year, we're learning how to win and building towards a bright future with Griffin.

That being said, if a miracle happens and the Clips get Melo at the deadline, screw rebuilding, it's all about the rings. :P

xLmjWVv.png

That is one dude that absolutely HATES losing. I remember watching a Clippers game earlier this season where the Clippers were getting blown out, & Griffin was just steaming on the floor. I mean, I'm pretty sure everybody in the NBA has some sort of competitive fire, but it's very easy to see his, and you can tell that he absolutely detests losing.

Just get a decent team around Griffin & good things are gonna happen for the Clippers, that guy is gonna change the culture in that franchise one way or another. That's assuming they actually build around him.

He's a Clipper. He'll get used to losing and learn to embrace it. Eventually, they all do. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Derek Fischer is still playing? He's gotta be 40...if not older. The bastard is still clutch, too. *Sigh*

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sam Cassell never did, and thank God for that. Dude was a straight-up BEAST in a Clipper uniform, and it's depressing that the Clippers still haven't retired his number, or anyone else's.

Because no one wants to dirty up Staples like that. Cassell next to Chamberlain, Johnson, West, Worthy, Kareem, etc.? What a sick joke that would be. (Plus Stern would probably make it out of paper mache, and nobody wants that :lol: )

D-Fish is far and away my favorite Laker, and he continued to show why last night. Even when he's not having his best seasons, he still is just pure clutch. He's probably made close to the amount of late game winners or game icers as Kobe has. And I have no idea how anyone can hate D-Fish for anything besides being a Laker. Fisher is probably in the top 3 of nicest and most genuine stand-up guys in the league.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Obviously nobody cares about dirtying up Staples with banners. Otherwise, those gross Lakers championship banners would've been taken down a long time ago. :P

Well nobody else is filling the rafters, so they needed something to cover up the blank walls. All the Lakers did was oblige that request :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Obviously nobody cares about dirtying up Staples with banners. Otherwise, those gross Lakers championship banners would've been taken down a long time ago. :P

Well nobody else is filling the rafters, so they needed something to cover up the blank walls. All the Lakers did was oblige that request :P

Maybe the Clippers can hang a banner each time they win the #1 overall pick. That oughta even up the banner count some. :D

6uXNWAo.png

We have a good team around Griffin now,

The Clippers ae 5-18. Currently, that's the worst record in the NBA.

Sugar-coat it all you want, but a 5-18 team is far from "good".

The majority of those losses have been very close losses brought on by turnovers or other mistakes by the Clippers. Keep in mind that we're starting the youngest lineup in the NBA right now. There's going to be rookie mistakes. But in terms of raw talent, the Clippers have a good team. They just need to grow out of their mistakes. If they can do that in the years to come, I could definitely see the Clippers as the next Thunder, with Griffin playing the role of Durant.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived