2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I had a feeling that the Lakers might lose this game. Something just didn't feel right before the game.

Enjoy the win Heat fans, the refs gave it to you. "Z" was flat out pushing Bynum out of the paint the whole game. Not boxing-out mind you, but flat out facing Bynum straight up, and pushing him out of the way. Then at the end, with the referee debacle. James being "pushed" to the ground, Wade grabbing Kobe's arm for all the world to see and not getting a foul called against. We were only down 88-90 at that point and two Kobe free-throws would have changed the game. At least we didn't straight up lose to the Heat, meaning that they just flat out beat us, they had some help. But, it's okay. I don't expect to see the Heat in the Finals with the Lakers. I expect either Boston or Chicago.

I only got to see the second half but I disagree. A bad call or two wasn't what cost the Lakers the game. The Lakers looked uninterested and their play was sloppy. Still, it looked like it took all the Heat had to beat a Lakers team playing at 80%. Maybe I'm biased, and I'm hardly an NBA expert, but that's how I saw it.

In my opinion, there's just no way the Heat gets past Chicago or Boston in the playoffs. Hell, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Heat don't even get to Boston or Chicago. (Gingerbread, please note that I said "not all that surprised." I'd be surprised but not Memphis sweeps San Antonio surprised. No need to write me a book. :D ) Something in the mix just isn't quite right in Miami. Someone on that team needs to sit down with Wade and LeBron and tell them that they need to decide which one is going to be Magic and which one is going to be Kareem. (or Bird/McHale, Jordan/Pippen, whatever) Then they need to stick with it. Bosh will have to settle for being a pale imitation of James Worthy.

BB52Big.jpg

The Lakers did get the short end of the stick on most of the calls at the end (which shocked the hell out of me considering they normally get all of the breaks when it comes to calls), but the Heat just executed better down the stretch. One play that came to mind was a situation where LeBron had a wide open 3. Normally, LBJ would just toss that junk at the rim & try to play hero. Instead, he found Wade with a bounce pass under the rim, & Wade put it in there for two, one of the key plays when it came to sealing the W. That was a great play, & really indicative of the team effort that the Heat put into the game tonight. Well done to Miami for the W, even though I was pulling for LA to win this one.

A Lakers-Heat Finals wouldn't be too bad to watch, eh? Still probably won't happen, but I guess I wouldn't complain if it did.

Wow, I had a feeling that the Lakers might lose this game. Something just didn't feel right before the game.

Enjoy the win Heat fans, the refs gave it to you. "Z" was flat out pushing Bynum out of the paint the whole game. Not boxing-out mind you, but flat out facing Bynum straight up, and pushing him out of the way. Then at the end, with the referee debacle. James being "pushed" to the ground, Wade grabbing Kobe's arm for all the world to see and not getting a foul called against. We were only down 88-90 at that point and two Kobe free-throws would have changed the game. At least we didn't straight up lose to the Heat, meaning that they just flat out beat us, they had some help. But, it's okay. I don't expect to see the Heat in the Finals with the Lakers. I expect either Boston or Chicago.

I only got to see the second half but I disagree. A bad call or two wasn't what cost the Lakers the game. The Lakers looked uninterested and their play was sloppy. Still, it looked like it took all the Heat had to beat a Lakers team playing at 80%. Maybe I'm biased, and I'm hardly an NBA expert, but that's how I saw it.

In my opinion, there's just no way the Heat gets past Chicago or Boston in the playoffs. Hell, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Heat don't even get to Boston or Chicago. (Gingerbread, please note that I said "not all that surprised." I'd be surprised but not Memphis sweeps San Antonio surprised. No need to write me a book. :D ) Something in the mix just isn't quite right in Miami. Someone on that team needs to sit down with Wade and LeBron and tell them that they need to decide which one is going to be Magic and which one is going to be Kareem. (or Bird/McHale, Jordan/Pippen, whatever) Then they need to stick with it. Bosh will have to settle for being a pale imitation of James Worthy.

Yeah, it reminded me of the Lakers-Spurs game this past Sunday to be honest. On Sunday the Lakers needed to win the game, the Spurs just wanted to win it. Today, it looked like, well it didn't look like it, the Heat needed to win this game to have any sort of self-confidence. The Lakers just wanted to win it. Poor defense as well as poor calls in the final 2 minutes are the reasons why we lost. It doesn't matter though, it's not any of the Lakers players were going to cry about it. :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That call was complete B.S. though.

I take it you're new to this NBA thing?

It's the only league that can make the NFL's officials look competent.

Hahah, this made me laugh but it is sadly, very true.

On a side note, I think the NBA should have a rule that gives T's to players for flopping. In soccer, (Yes, I said soccer) refs will give yellow cards to players who overly flop, which means it must have been a pretty obvious flop considering the flop every time they get touched, but I digress. The NBA should that, so James' flop (getting "pushed in the back by Artest when it clearly wasn't anything but a flop) would have been called a T instead.

P.S. And that goaltending that wasn't called was complete B.S. Can't touch the ball when it's in the cylinder.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

It wasn't very good officiating, but you have to budget for that when you're playing a road game against a contender. The Lakers should know this better than anyone. They shouldn't have put themselves in the position to have a game largely decided by an egregious goaltending non-call.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Mlwaukee lost 87-56. An NBA team not managing to score 60 points is an offensive disgrace

they should donate their game checks to japan.

TrueYankee, nothing personal here. I am not trying to call you out, but I am so sick of that sentiment. Look, what has happened and what continues to happen in Japan is devastating and heartbreaking. It really is. However, people who really feel like this need to STFU. Stop telling other people what they should do with their money. They earned it. You don't get paid only when you win. You get paid to play the games, not just win them. Honestly, win or lose, they still competed. That's their job, to go out there and play/compete. Yeah the Bucks laid an all time egg. They absolutely sucked, but do you think everyone else should donate their money when they have a bad day at work? I don't know what you or anyone else does for a living, but if you mess up at work today or if a coworker outperforms you, should you donate the days' wages? The other point that's lost on most people is that sports are competition. There are people working against you. Do you have someone showing up to your workplace everyday whose objective is to make your job as difficult as possible? [Although anyone that works in a service-oriented job could answer in the affirmative :P]

You want to donate? Then do it. You want to challenge people you know (or frequent the same message board as)? Go for it. I'm in. But don't tell other people what they ought to do with their money. Keep that :censored: to yourself.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived