Fox Sports adopts NFL theme music for all sports

RyanB06

http://networkedblogs.com/9f8TH

I thought this deserved its own topic, so here we go.

I don't know how to feel about this...I thought the MLB theme they've used the last couple seasons was really good. Gonna take some getting used to, that's for sure.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really liked the original theme they had when Fox Saturday Baseball debuted around '96 (the one posted in the youtube vid on that article). I think they could have kept that original version to this day and it still wouldn't seem outdated. This is sad news, and it will make Fox Sports worse from an "audio" variety standpoint (regardless of whether you like the NFL theme). I think it's a good idea to have different themes for different sports to add to the "feeling" one gets while listening to theme music.

There was no mention of the NBA on FSN theme (that I saw in my quick scan of the article). I hope they keep that, although I doubt they will.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Big letdown IMO, I loved the MLB on Fox theme...

The Fox NFL theme, just screams so much football for me, adopting the theme across the board is just silly...

Agreed. The Fox NFL theme has the NFL Films music sound to it. It's great for football, but for baseball, I really liked the other theme.

IUe6Hvh.png

When I hear the FOX NFL Sunday theme, I think "NFL", not "FOX".

Maybe if the online communite (us!) make a big stink about this, they'll pull a "Gap" and do a 180 on this terrible decision. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Between this and the FSN graphics, FOX really treats baseball as an afterthought. I would love for baseball to go back home to NBC in 2014.

So I take it they didn't change to NFL-style graphics for the NLCS? I would've watched a couple of innings or more, but I have Cablevision and therefore no Fox for now.

Have they also have the fox football robot "walter" integrated into their MLB programming?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So I take it they didn't change to NFL-style graphics for the NLCS? I would've watched a couple of innings or more, but I have Cablevision and therefore no Fox for now.

Yeah, no dice. Of course, I live in Fairfield County, so I can get the games in SD on FOX61, but these carriage disputes are getting ridiculous. It's all ESPN's fault. They jack up the subscriber fees so that they can gobble up more and more properties, and they have so many properties that the cable and satellite providers have to pay their exorbitant subscriber fees. And then the networks lose something like the BCS to ESPN and they say, "Basta!"

they have been using the nfl on fox music on fox sports radio since its inception and they still use it in places. when you compare it to the music for baseball they had this year, i think the nfl music is an improvement.

look at it this way, maybe they can fool enough people to watch because they think its some special game played on a weeknight.

Between this and the FSN graphics, FOX really treats baseball as an afterthought. I would love for baseball to go back home to NBC in 2014.

Yeah, but then we'd have to put up with that arrogant a*hole Bob Costas even more frequently.

Please. Costas vs. McCarver is no contest. Hope the Peacock gets it.

6uXNWAo.png

Actually, this song is what I think of FOX's MLB coverage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEtRRfx3Snk&feature=related

I personally think that FOX has done a damn good job with their NFL and MLB coverage. However, they had it right originally; someone mentioned that the NFL theme makes you think "NFL;" this theme makes me think "MLB." Why they went from this is beyond me.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Yeah, but then we'd have to put up with that arrogant a*hole Bob Costas even more frequently.

Please. Costas vs. McCarver is no contest. Hope the Peacock gets it.

Maybe we all get lucky and they could have Costas host the studio show and Michaels do pxp. We probably wouldn't be that lucky, though.

NBC got a raw deal the last time they had MLB but I'm with you I hope CBS or NBC gets it and ABC would just use the ESPN graphic and hopefully NBC do a great job selecting their game than they do with the NHL.

Archived