Missouri in all gold this weekend?

cwl4

Helmet, jersey, sleeve logo, pants... pick a shade already, Mizzou.

Didn't they previously wear the gold jersey with the black helmet and pants?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had to give up my tickets for the game due to work conflicts which is killing me but at least I won't have to endure those horrid gold jerseys again. Mizzou's worn them twice in the modern era and lost both times (Notre Dame in 84 and KU in 08). The helmet is new - not really crazy about an untrimmed "M" or the white - black - white stripe pattern but it beats the crap out of the flat grey monstrosity they wore in last year's Pro Combat game.

Don't think the team will be going all gold. Their website just encourages all the fans to wear all gold, which actually happens anyway for most home games. On the pic up top, it looks like the pants would match the helmet, aswear they do have gold pants that they wear a few times a year and they pretty much match up with the gold jersey. Which *might* happen, but if it did, they would probably wear the black helmet.

As a mizzou fan, I'm pretty sure that this is untrue (but I'm not positive). I think I've seen this picture before (maybe a year ago?) and I can't see them going with that helmet, considering how much everyone loves the traditional helmet. But I have a few contacts that I'll ask and get back on this. I know that it is an unofficial gold out for the crowd.

Come for our gold out, where Mizzou will wear multiple shades from yellow to gold to mustard! Fans, please help us paint the stadium gold by wearing your yellow or beige t-shirts. :wacko:

Yep.

Also, it would be much more impressive if the fans made it out in their different shades of gold on their own as opposed to being told "It's Gold Out!" or whatever cheesy slogan some marketing intern devised. Asking fans to wear (insert color here) for a particular game is tired and lame.

Archived