Ole Miss to debut new uniforms Saturday?

therebelas

Auburn is said to be wearing their normal home uniforms at Ole Miss' request. Not sure if Ole Miss is just going to wear white at home for the first time ever; or, if they're planning something else. Grey jerseys? Would that mean navy pants? Can't think of anything that will look better than the current uniforms (blue or red). Biased, but those are some of the best.

Auburn is said to be wearing their normal home uniforms at Ole Miss' request. Not sure if Ole Miss is just going to wear white at home for the first time ever; or, if they're planning something else. Grey jerseys? Would that mean navy pants? Can't think of anything that will look better than the current uniforms (blue or red). Biased, but those are some of the best.

Ole Miss could be wearing red to go old-school color-on-color, which is now allowed by the NCAA without penalty, provided the schools agree.

Ole Miss could be wearing red to go old-school color-on-color, which is now allowed by the NCAA without penalty, provided the schools agree.

Rumor I heard from a buddy of mine in Oxford is grey jersey, lighter blue (Archie-era) helmet.

Auburn is said to be wearing their normal home uniforms at Ole Miss' request. Not sure if Ole Miss is just going to wear white at home for the first time ever; or, if they're planning something else. Grey jerseys? Would that mean navy pants? Can't think of anything that will look better than the current uniforms (blue or red). Biased, but those are some of the best. Biased, but those are some of the best.

Agreed, especially since Ole Miss brought back the shoulder stripes and block number font.

I agree that Ole Miss' home jerseys are amazing. Both the navy and the red...but I've actually started to lose taste for their road jerseys. they just look a little cheap without any blue in them

Oddly, the red jersey is one of only like three jerseys I own period, and I actually feel the way you feel about the roads about all three. There should be some of the other color in each jersey, but there isn't. It's stuck outlining the "Ole Miss" on the front.

I agree that Ole Miss' home jerseys are amazing. Both the navy and the red...but I've actually started to lose taste for their road jerseys. they just look a little cheap without any blue in them

They're very Woodstock-ish wouldn't you agree? haha

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

very, considering Woodstock actually changed their uniforms that used to be Eli Manning-era to the type of uniform Ole Miss wears now. is somebody running that show an ole miss grad or something?

They are saying ole miss will be in gray jerseys with the red Ole Miss script with regular navy helmets, And UA will be in all Navy with regular white helmets. This isn't confirmed.

That would be "AU", but do you mean ALL navy including pants? That will be a first, I think.

Oddly, the red jersey is one of only like three jerseys I own period, and I actually feel the way you feel about the roads about all three. There should be some of the other color in each jersey, but there isn't. It's stuck outlining the "Ole Miss" on the front.

Totally agree. But that's what they classic Ole Miss roads always looked like. Except with the 'powder blue' helmets (and minus the script Ole Miss on the front).

WXVKQTBUFRRRPJA.20070511150256.jpg

Was so happy when they went back to the classic Ole Miss look. I hated the Eli-era uniforms. Especially 2000ish when they wore white pants on the road. That just ain't right.

We'll see in about 22 hours what they look like. Someone mentioned that the NCAA would allow us to wear Red versus Auburn's blue. That is true, but I don't think that's what we're planning. That said, since USC and UCLA are already doing it, it would be kind of cool if we did it in the Egg Bowl going forward where we always wear blue versus State's maroon.

They suffered from the same problem as many grey uniforms before them, they just look dirty white on television. When the players were in the sunshine in the first quarter they looked bright white.

liverpool-1.png

very, considering Woodstock actually changed their uniforms that used to be Eli Manning-era to the type of uniform Ole Miss wears now. is somebody running that show an ole miss grad or something?

I dont think there's any Miss grads at WHS actually. Buddy is a UGA grad and the Principal is a Gator fan. lol

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Considering all the fuss that's been made down there about toning down the Confederate imagery - losing the mascot, that fight song, etc. - I'm surprised they broke out all gray uniforms. Isn't that essentially a Civil War rebel uniform?

Archived