New Iowa State Logos

cyclonefan_1

Iowa State has recently released new logos to represent the mascot, Cy. They came out relatively without notice and have not came up at any games but the university trademark office has released them. The whole body Cy logo reminds me of our old "Punching Cy" that so many Iowa State fans love.

mascot-fullbody.jpg

Whole Body Cy

1978VCCyWalking.jpg

Old "Punching Cy" for comparison

head-isc.jpghead-is.jpghead-c.jpghead.jpg

4 different head shots

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

I like how they retrofitted the 'walking cardinal', and the bird head in a tornado with the wordmark above. My only issue with both though, is the eye of Cy the cardinal itself. I feel like it's incomplete without the eye being filled in along with having a pupil in the eye also.

head.jpg

Put that puppy on a helmet and call it a day.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Excellent logo, couldn't have been any better, I'm hoping this will appear on their football uniforms.

Add me to that bandwagon, that would look sick as a helmet decal. The script is also fantastic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

head.jpg

Took the words right out of my mouth. Excellent logo, couldn't have been any better, I'm hoping this will appear on their football uniforms.

Add me to that bandwagon, that would look sick as a helmet decal. The script is also fantastic.

Yet another great design by Joe Bosack. I'm also on the helmet decal bandwagon.

6fQjS3M.png

head.jpg

Yet another great design by Joe Bosack. I'm also on the helmet decal bandwagon.

I'm sure someone right now is working on a helmet mock up.

I actually like the current helmet design (minus the grey mask-make it red). I do think these cardinal logos are nice, though. I was always wondering when they'd come around.

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Iowa State go through all this song and dance about their new identity getting away from the old bird/cyclone just two years ago? First they don't come through with the gold helmet as promised... now the bird/cyclone (albeit a different one) is back?

I like the new logos, I like the double-red, and I like the way they incorporated a cyclone this time, but as I stated in another thread recently: Aren't there enough Cardinal heads in profile on helmets already. No need for another one, even if they do buck the trend and put it on a non-white helmet and draw a circle around it. It'd still be yet another Cardinal head on a helmet -- for a team named the Cyclones. Thought that was one of the issues that brought on this I-State era.

My favorite look was still the early 90's look with "Iowa State" above a cyclone on the helmet. The Blaise Bryant years.

Those were the 80s :) And I believe Blaise had "Cyclones" script with only one underline underneath it, not the cyclone. But I digress - both of those 80's yellow helmets are two of my favorites as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

its not the most original logo, but it is well crafted and certainly works for them. i really dig it. theres just no way you could use black in this, it'd be too close to the the AZ Cards. id rather see that darker red a bit darker still, providing more contrast but you got to work with what the school gives you. well done

i hope they keep the red helmet but thats me

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived