2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the :censored: did UAB pay off to get into the dance? Glad to see that the play-in games won't be all of the 16 seed games.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Has the committee lost its mind? The East bracket has about 5 Big East teams and they've set up at least 2 or 3 possible in-conference second round games. You're not supposed to do that until the Sweet Sixteen. And don't give me the 11 team excuse, because they can easily spread out all 11 (like 3 UConn vs. 6 Cincy. Really?)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Please explain to me how Illinois deserved something as high as a 9 seed.

And to the Big East complaining...deal with it. I'm not really sure you should go to the tournament if you couldn't pass 8-10 teams in your own Conference...regardless of how good the Conference is.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

VCU in? This committee is high or something.

Absolutely.

There are 3 CAA teams in the NCAA tournament. How?

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Georgia? Clemson? VCU? UAB? Tennessee?

Alabama, Colorado, St Mary's, Virginia Tech should be there. Hell I would have thrown UTEP in there over UAB.

EDIT: Just saw the Final Teams in and Tennessee wasn't one of them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

You do realize that these "screwjobs" simply set the stage for the NCAA to expand to a 128 team field.

/tinfoil hat.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Alabama, Colorado, St Mary's, Virginia Tech should be there. Hell I would have thrown UTEP in there over UAB.

Tennessee was a 9 seed, they were well above the last teams in.

I'll definitely feel bad if we beat Memphis, considering who their coach is, but the chance to watch Arizona v. Texas is just too great.

I'm happy with a 5 seed.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Tennessee was a 9 seed, they were well above the last teams in.

Yeah. I never knew the 10-12 had to be the last teams in.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It happens every year, but I believe this is one of the biggest screw jobs in awhile...Colorado beat Kansas State 3 times, beat Texas, beat Missouri, had a .500 record in the Big 12 and made it to the semi's of the Big 12 tourney before losing to Kansas by 8 or so.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I can maybe make a case for UAB since they won Conference USA's regular season championship and they had a decent RPI without playing anyone worth a damn.

VCU, on the other hand.... How can they reward the 4th place team in the CAA over teams that had better resumes? Harvard, St. Mary's, Missouri State, Colorado, Virginia Tech (AKA America's Bubble Team), Alabama... All of these teams have far better resumes then VCU... Hell, Hofstra finished ahead of the Rams and they didn't even get a damn sniff!

Archived