2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huskies!

cant wait for selection sunday

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I'll say the same thing I've said to a bunch of UW fans: a regular season title means much more.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll say the same thing I've said to a bunch of UW fans: a regular season title means much more.

Except you know damn well you would be in here hooting and hollering and proclaiming the greatness of Arizona basketball and how wonderfully important winning "the Last Pac 10 Tournament" was if they had won.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd imagine there's a far greater confidence boost entering into the NCAA's in winning the conference tournament than a regular season championship. For example, the 2007 Georgetown team won the Big East tournament and went to the Final Four. Ditto West Virginia last year. UConn won the Big East tournament in 2004 and then the national title.

Of course, I'm just cherry picking appearances for sake of argument -- Pitt's won the Big East and/or Big East Tournament a bunch of times over the past decade, and they haven't been able to translate that into NCAA Tournament success.

Basically, my point is that I'm a UW alumn, that was an awesome game yesterday and I'm glad Arizona lost.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Screamin Gus at it again!

http://www.twitvid.com/REEX2

"Isiah Thomas!"

"HA HA!"

Love Gus.

Mhm. You still lost, and you wouldn't have said that if it were the other way around (UW winning the Pac season, UA winning the Pac tourney). Like I've said before, you pick and choose your hypocrisies.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Basically, my point is that I'm a UW alumn, that was an awesome game yesterday and I'm glad Arizona lost.

Congrats.

I will say this, though: 12+4 > 3+3.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll give credit to the Dookies, they played D and hit their 3's when it mattered. UNC couldn't throw it in the ocean for periods of the game. Marshall looked like a freshman today.

Hopefully UNC can still get a 2 or 3 seed.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Hopefully UNC can still get a 2 or 3 seed.

At this point, I think you guys have got that locked up.

Arizona, on the other hand, probably drops to a 5 or 6 as a result of the loss, but oh well.

Archived