2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long, George Mason. Thanks for playing.

Not even the Law of Gus could hold back the Buckeyes/propel George Mason today.

Too bad really, especially after how George Mason started the game.

Diebler hits a 3 at the buzzer of the 1st half to put the lead at 52-26 going into the locker room. Yup.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On another note, why is Duke playing on Thursday? Espescially when theyre traveling to Anaheim. I thought that all of the teams playing on Saturday play on Thursday. Anyone know how they decide this?

Playing dates are divided by host locations, not regionals. Certain host locations have games on Thursday/Saturday, others have them on Friday/Sunday. This has always been the case, but ever since they opted to "geographically protect" top seeds in the second and third first and second rounds, teams have faced "short" weeks.

That said, it's still 3 off days for Duke. More than enough time for them to get their sea legs under them.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Meh, can I consider it karma then?

Karma doesn't exist, because Arizona keeps winning.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, Coach Miller said at halftime that the media doesn't give our bench enough credit and I think today is proving that. We're up by 11 at half and Derrick Williams hasn't scored yet. If he breaks out of the slump, Texas is in real trouble.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, Coach Miller said at halftime that the media doesn't give our bench enough credit and I think today is proving that. We're up by 11 at half and Derrick Williams hasn't scored yet. If he breaks out of the slump, Texas is in real trouble.

He actually has 3 points, all off of free throws.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sorry, I meant to say from the field.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sorry, I meant to say from the field.

All I know is 20 minutes till Dook next week. Let's keep it up!

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

AZ wins off of a controversial 5 second call, then an and-1 for Derrick Williams. What a game, but personally I thought the timeout was called in time.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Wow. I don't know what to say.

Syracuse has just been sent home by 11-seed Marquette.

While a member of the Big East won this game, it still looks bad on the conference to see one of it's best three teams bow out this early.

6uXNWAo.png

Let me say

HOLY CRAP YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY BE ANY MORE STUPID SCOOP JARDINE!!!!!

Now that I got that off my chest, Syracuse didn't deserve to win that at all. Turned the ball over way too many times. Par for the course being a letdown in the tournament, I guess. Thank god for lacrosse season being in full swing

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Texas with another tournament let-down. Wonder how many more chances they've gonna give Rick Barnes.

Can we say they're like Pitt in the Chargers and Sharks category?

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Archived