2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

Hell of a game. Shaka Smart is a genius and his team is awesome. Well executed game at the end there. I was worried for them, but that last basket was extremely well executed, a damn fine play and FSU just stunk finishing as they did in regulation. Love it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VCU wins. 2 mid-majors in the Elite 8.

Internet troll imagery goes here for Mr. Jay Bilas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why would anyone root against OSU in basketball? They're good about once a decade.

They're kind of like the Big Ten's Texas. They're pretty good at everything, and the rest of the league hates them for it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm just delighting in the misery of someone on another message board who put up a thread guaranteeing that Ohio State would win it all when the bracket was announced.

So the logical choice was to "delight" on this message board where your nemesis will never see it? Makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes: You're one strange cat. I respect that.

BB52Big.jpg

Nah, what I've said here is far more restrained than what's going on over there. I'm not going to say too much in terms of mockery, lest I set myself up for a big epic fail if Arizona loses to UConn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So the Big East has more teams remaining in the tournament than the Big Ten, who was the other conference up for the best conference debate :P

In all seriousness though, 7 different conferences represented in the Elite Eight, including the Colonial and Horizon. Thank goodness SEC Football fans don't care as much about basketball or else we would be hearing "ESS-EEE-SEE" chants non-stop right about now. Gonna be a very interesting remainder of the tournament with the variety of teams we're seeing here.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Nah, what I've said here is far more restrained than what's going on over there. I'm not going to say too much in terms of mockery, lest I set myself up for a big epic fail if Arizona loses to UConn.

Let me see if I have this right. You're taking shots at someone who isn't a member here and is on a completely different board. That would seem to indicate that the target of your "mockery" can't see any of the stuff you've posted here. So why are you doing this again?

BB52Big.jpg

Elite Eight predictions:

Butler def. Florida

UConn def. Arizona

Kansas def. VCU

North Carolina def. Kentucky

Aside from KU routing VCU, I see all games go down to the wire.

6uXNWAo.png

My predictions:

Butler def. Florida

Arizona def. UConn

VCU def. Kansas

Kentucky def. North Carolina

After how crazy this tournament has been, I just don't see the Elite Eight going chalk.

So you're picking all four lower seeds? Yeah... Not happening.

6uXNWAo.png

To be honest (except for Kansas/VCU), I don't think the higher seeds in those matchups are that much better than the lower seeds. I guess they could go either way for me but seeing how upset-riddled this tournament has been, I wouldn't be surprised if the higher seeds get knocked off. Also, Butler and Arizona have played really well lately.

And I only picked VCU because I hate the Jayhawks. :)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow I haven't been on here since Thursday afternoon so I have to share my thoughts. All I can say is wow, what a second half by Arizona in that game. I'm not gonna lie at halftime I thought that Arizona was a one man team that completely sucked. But boy did they prove me wrong in the second half. Even after the 19-2 run I expected Duke to make some sort of comeback to get it within 10 maybe. Never happened. Oh well, congrats to Arizona and one of their biggest fans Kevin W. I'll be rooting for them against Uconn.

My predictions:

Butler def. Florida

Arizona def. UConn

VCU def. Kansas

Kentucky def. North Carolina

After how crazy this tournament has been, I just don't see the Elite Eight going chalk.

So you're picking all four lower seeds? Yeah... Not happening.

Yeah, but you were the guy who said Arizona had ZERO chance against Duke. I wouldnt be so sure of anything at this point if I were you :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, I'd like to quote Cujo from Twitter:

It's people like @KWUofA [that's me] who make me wanna see #Duke hang triple-digits on #Arizona tonight. It'll be like 01, only more severe!

:grin: :grin:

It was more severe than 2001. Just the other way around.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

VCU wins. 2 mid-majors in the Elite 8.

Internet troll imagery goes here for Mr. Jay Bilas.

I'd actually argue that this does not validate VCU's birth. They've shown what they were capable of, but that does not mean their season was wor

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

VCU and Butler in the final 4 wouldn't that be great.

What? Butler in the final four would be great. Everybody loves an underdog.

I think he meant "Wouldnt that be great?"

Im certainly pulling for VCU and Butler, TWO underdogs in the final four would be absolutely fantastic, like 2006 and 2010 on steroids :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived