2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Billy B

As Verne/Raff alluded to, UConn, Arizona, and UNC did not even make last year's tournament.

Gator/Butler was good, close, and competitive, but not great. The game was poorly played in the first 40 minutes to be considered great. Butler was 17-27 from the foul line while 9-33 from 3. Florida was 3-14 from 3. Hardly great.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butler is officially trolling the NCAA Tournament. They were so bad at the beginning of the year, how the hell are they doing this again?

If Butler had a better regular season, I'd definitely would've picked them going further in my bracket. I didn't even think they'd get past a very good Colonial team in ODU the first round. Amazing what Stevens has done with this team come tournament time.

Also, highly against my defense of the Big East and toleration of Kevin W., I'm rooting for the Wildcats tonight. They're a fun team to watch and I hate UConn and Kemba Walker, so there's no way I'm rooting for them even if they are carrying the Big East flag

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

As Verne/Raff alluded to, UConn, Arizona, and UNC did not even make last year's tournament.

Thank God that's in the past. Order has been restored at all three programs.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Butler is officially trolling the NCAA Tournament. They were so bad at the beginning of the year, how the hell are they doing this again?

Genius coaching, my friend. Genius coaching :D in all seriousness, Brad Stevens has proved over the past two years that he is one of the best coaches in the nation. The way he's led this run to Houston this year is an unbelievable testament to that, especially. I for one hope he stays at Butler for many, many years. He could probably go to any school he wants to now, but I do hope he ends up remaining at Butler for a long time. I think he will.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't. I could see a former big-time program, like Indiana, paying him very big bucks to come over in the off-season. Depending on how close to Bloomington he lives now, he probably wouldn't even have to move.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't. I could see a former big-time program, like Indiana, paying him very big bucks to come over in the off-season. Depending on how close to Bloomington he lives now, he probably wouldn't even have to move.

He doesn't want to deal with that fanbase. He saw what happened to his predecessor at Iowa, and Indiana actually cares about basketball unlike that state.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That region was so wideopen and I had no idea who I thought would come out of it. Part of me really wanted to pick Butler, but I went safe and of course, I regret that now. I'd be rolling in it if I had gotten that correct.

PvO6ZWJ.png

He doesn't want to deal with that fanbase. He saw what happened to his predecessor at Iowa, and Indiana actually cares about basketball unlike that state.

I agree, but that decision is his and his family's not mine.

There are more "mid-major" coaches who did not have success within the "Power Six" than those who did/have. Regardless of their "coaching tree" it does not work out as well as the schools thinks it should. it is still a coin-flip for both the coach and the school. I think there was a reason why Dana Altman didn't take the Arkansas job and waited. Don't take a "Power Six" job with bigger expectations than what you can immediately deliver. Some examples are:

Stan Heath: Kent State to Arkansas (now at USF)

Todd Lickliter: Butler to Iowa

Dan Monson: Gonzaga to Minnesota

Pete Gillen: Xavier to Virginia (via Providence)

Keno Davis: Drake to Providence

Jim Christian: Kent State to TCU (soon to be a member of the Big East)

Bobby Gonzalez: Manhattan to Seton Hall

John Pelphrey: South Alabama to Arkansas

Jeff Capel: VCU to Oklahoma (book is still out on Anthony Grant)

Herb Sendek: Miami (OH) to NC State then Az. State. Did he really improve either program?

BIG BEAST PROVIN' THE H8'ERS WRONG BITCHEZZZZZ

Yeah, no, I'd much rather would have liked to seen Arizona pull it off there at the end. They should've tried to go for the tie instead of the win but I guess you can't blame them with how well they were shooting the 3-ball there towards the end

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Good luck, UConn. My bracket's :censored:ed anyway, and since my grandfather was a Huskie, I'll be rooting for them.

Great game. We will have our revenge, though, just like Duke.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Arizona is really good. A lot better than I'd have thought they were, but then again, I haven't seen much of them. Every time UConn pulled away, 'Zona just came right back. I really thought they were going to hit that last three. Great game, though. I'm a UConn fan, so I'm obviously happy with the result. Hope this run continues!

IUe6Hvh.png

Good luck, UConn.

Ha! That will teach you to talk :censored: about my alma mater.

^ Sweet Sixteen.

< Elite Eight.

'Nuff said.

Good luck, UConn.

Ha! That will teach you to talk :censored: about my alma mater.

^ Sweet Sixteen.

< Elite Eight.

'Nuff said.

Do you really think I give a flying :censored: that Ohio State was knocked out? We're a football school dude. Basketball is...hell, I really have no idea why we have a basketball team.

You're doing your best to put up a calm front here but we all know it's just :censored:-ing killing you that your boys lost tonight. The Wildcats were oh so close to the Final Four. They had what, three open shots at a three to win at the buzzer? And they missed them all! If just one more shot had fallen you'd be celebrating right now but nooooo! Instead they're headed home and you're at home all alone. Just you, your lotion, a box of tissues, and nothing to "pull" for. Enjoy the rest of the tournament. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Nah, honestly, I'm good. We had a damn good season. Most coaches would kill for a 30-8 season. We swept ASU for the first time in a few years and we got revenge for the 2001 title game. Would I have liked to have gone all the way? Hell yes, but I am damn proud of the fact that my team went above and beyond expectations.

You know absolutely nothing of how I think. Bite me.

you're at home all alone. Just you, your lotion, a box of tissues, and nothing to "pull" for. Enjoy the rest of the tournament. B)

Except not. I'm about to head over to McKale Center with several thousand other loyal Wildcat fans who are proud of how this season went. We're going to welcome the team home.

Seriously, shut the :censored: up.

Archived