NFL Expansion Design

The Fixer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever think of contributing to the boards and getting 10 posts before hijacking a thread?

But I would appreciate it if you clicked edit and deleted the text out of the post and clicked submit. You need to make your own thread

Hijacking? I did what you asked and removed the images and sent a request to the mods to have them pulled. If you want to be rude, that's your prerogative, but I don't think I was out of line to post NFL expansion concepts in the thread titled "NFL Expansion Design."

Thank you. Hijacking is what its called and you are supposed to make your own thread or ask me permission. That's how it works. It's rude to just take other peoples threads and projects. I appreciate you taking them down. I'll be interested to read your thread :)

So I revamped my presentation a bit and updated all the image links earlier. I also moved the Warriors to LA. It seems a lot more realistic and gives me a little more freedom room for the 2nd 4 teams. And I think I have the last 4 names figured out so please no more ideas and thank you for the ideas that you gave me :)

Los Angeles Warriors

LAprimarylogo.png

Wordmark // Helmet

You have some really good clean logos here and artistically I don't have anything negative to comment. But I do have to admit that I'm a little puzzled by your city choices. I can see Kentucky having a team, and choosing between Louisville and Lexington would be tough, but I'm kinda shocked you didn't use the horse logo for your Kentucky team. I personally don't see any city in the Dakotas being large enough to host a team; the states have a very low population density. Souix Falls, I think, is the largest city between the two states.

Realistically, I think Los Angeles, San Antonio, Orlando, Portland, Toronto, and Norfolk are some of the strongest open markets. Personally, for my own project, I relocated the Chargers out of San Diego to Los Angeles, but I based my project around logistics and marketability. For a straight-up art project, really you can do any city you want.

• 2 weeks later...

So #5

Portland Huskies

I had 3 cities in mind for this logo and Portland ended up with it. I knew I wanted a solid color, gray shading, and white and thought that purple looked great and there aren't many teams in the NFL with purple. Washington makes it look great. I also realized that no one uses a paw print logo so i made that the secondary.

So here they are

PortlandPrimary.png

Secondary // Wordmark // Helmet

You have some really good clean logos here and artistically I don't have anything negative to comment. But I do have to admit that I'm a little puzzled by your city choices. I can see Kentucky having a team, and choosing between Louisville and Lexington would be tough, but I'm kinda shocked you didn't use the horse logo for your Kentucky team. I personally don't see any city in the Dakotas being large enough to host a team; the states have a very low population density. Souix Falls, I think, is the largest city between the two states.

Realistically, I think Los Angeles, San Antonio, Orlando, Portland, Toronto, and Norfolk are some of the strongest open markets. Personally, for my own project, I relocated the Chargers out of San Diego to Los Angeles, but I based my project around logistics and marketability. For a straight-up art project, really you can do any city you want.

didn't see this until now but some good ideas and points. It gave me a lot to think about. Now that I look back, the Dakotas wasn't the best choice but not the worst. I think it'll be okay for this project but I'll keep that in mind

The mouth on the most recent one is best. the first few versions seemed to cartoony in style for some reason. I still think the mouth should come to a point as it frown downward rather than becoming thicker like you have it now. The eye would look better silver or if you added a pupil. The name colors and angle remind me of the Washington Huskies, not that that's bad in any way. But I think this is one of your best ones yet. Nice job.

Not really that hard to choose. The NFL likes larger population bases. If it cam down to Louisville or Lexington, Louisville would win hands down. The Combined Statistical Area around Lexington has about 688,000 people. The Louisville metro area is almost double that with 1,266,000. As far as Stadiums, Commonwealth is old but larger and PJCS recently expanded to 55,000 but the NFL would likely want a larger stadium and one not owned by a University. But I am getting far too literal.

Fixer, keep up the great work. I'm really loving your designs.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to keep the Huskies as is and probably revisit them later.

In the meantime

Toronto Harts

After I decided to do this series, this name was the first name I came up with but I couldn't get a logo done. I finally came up with something that I am satisfied with. I thought the colors were a good choice since I haven't added red yet in my expansion teams and red and white aren't prominent in the NFL (and Canada colors). I said I didn't want to do the cliche maple leaf but I needed it to frame the primary and then it moved to the secondary so deal with it :). I liked the names Harts instead of Stags because its unique and not obvious. I thought it sounds awesome too and works with the red. And I wanted to go basic with the wordmark. So here we go

Torontoprimary.png

I'm going to keep the Huskies as is and probably revisit them later.

In the meantime

Toronto Harts

After I decided to do this series, this name was the first name I came up with but I couldn't get a logo done. I finally came up with something that I am satisfied with. I thought the colors were a good choice since I haven't added red yet in my expansion teams and red and white aren't prominent in the NFL (and Canada colors). I said I didn't want to do the cliche maple leaf but I needed it to frame the primary and then it moved to the secondary so deal with it :). I liked the names Harts instead of Stags because its unique and not obvious. I thought it sounds awesome too and works with the red. And I wanted to go basic with the wordmark. So here we go

Torontoprimary.png

Very nice design. One of my favorites of this concept. But I think Stags would still work better than Harts.

gYH2mW9.png

Really fine work. The Husky & Harts/Stags logo is my favorite. Great job.

I know you've been tinkering with the mouth on the husky, use your original mouth and lower to the spot where your last husky concept is. Only a suggestion.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think it would look better without the maple leaf behind the stags head. it's kind of cluttered with the leaf and antlers. Plus the way you snuck in the maple leaf subtly on the chest is enough and very clever, so why have 2 maple leafs? especially since the whole maple leaf usage for Canadian teams is over done, but you didnt over do it on the chest. just my thoughts because otherwise i really like the deer's head. well done

Archived