NFL Expansion Design

The Fixer

I know that the NFL is a long way away from expanding, if they ever will, but this is all hypothetical. I'm hoping to get 8 Teams that would fit in the NFL. That includes location/colors/names/divisions etc. Once I finish I will go back and sum everything up and place them in division. I'm still looking for names/cities/colors for other teams so please sound off if you have any ideas.

Links to Teams:

Omaha Aces

Lexington Warhawks

Grand Forks Nokotas

Los Angeles Warriors

Portland Huskies

Toronto Harts

Oklahoma City Oilers

Norfolk Defenders

Omaha Aces

I've always wanted to do a pilot logo, and this gave me the chance to do a WWI/II type pilot. There is a famous air force base just south of Omaha and then the geography just seemed to make sense to me with barnstorming. I thought Omaha/Iowa area could use a team and had enough population in the general area and not just the city to host a team. I picked red and yellow (or athletic gold) because they just say Nebraska to me with the Cornhuskers and Corn. I ended up using Blue and Gold the colors of the Air Force and the Hap Arnold symbol. The secondary is supposed to be a reference to the Hap Arnold logo without just ripping it off. I haven't decided if I should do uniforms or not, yet.

I removed the first 3 versions and posted # 4

Acesprimarylogo.png

Thanks for reading

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting idea. I like the name, for sure. I would worry, however, about the colors given how closely this team would be located to the Chiefs. I think it either needs a third color (probably darker, for contrast), or a different scheme altogether.

The logos seem to have good starts, but do need work. The aviator looks okay, but seems a bit "soft" (there's not a lot of definition to what should be stronger features, such as chin/jawline, cheeks, and nose) and static. I'd rather see the wing coming out of the other side, giving him the impression of moving forward, or maybe a pilot's scarf flying behind him. Also, that yellow shape on the right of the face seems arbitrary--it doesn't flow around any features of the face like I'd think it should.

I like the style of the alternate logo. I think if you fixed the "highlights" on the star, maybe giving it a yellow/white bevel, it would be very solid.

I'd like to see some uniforms and an update to this.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Interesting idea. I like the name, for sure. I would worry, however, about the colors given how closely this team would be located to the Chiefs. I think it either needs a third color (probably darker, for contrast), or a different scheme altogether.

The logos seem to have good starts, but do need work. The aviator looks okay, but seems a bit "soft" (there's not a lot of definition to what should be stronger features, such as chin/jawline, cheeks, and nose) and static. I'd rather see the wing coming out of the other side, giving him the impression of moving forward, or maybe a pilot's scarf flying behind him. Also, that yellow shape on the right of the face seems arbitrary--it doesn't flow around any features of the face like I'd think it should.

I like the style of the alternate logo. I think if you fixed the "highlights" on the star, maybe giving it a yellow/white bevel, it would be very solid.

I'd like to see some uniforms and an update to this.

Seconded. Main points I want to re-emphasize are the colors. I'm down with the red, but I'd either like to see the athletic gold/yellow turned into a true, darker gold OR a light blue. Does anyone in the NFL use red, white and LIGHT blue as their main colors? I think that would differentiate it from the Chiefs.

I also like the secondary, and I think it actually makes a better helmet logo than the pilot, especially because it would be the same on eithr side.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

instead of aviators,Omaha Flight would be considerable

Unlike in the MLS and the NBA, Aviators is more fitting than Flight- every single team in the NFL has a plural name (raiders, giants, browns), not singular (Jazz, Heat, Fire, Flight)

I believe the NFL that doesn't allow nicknames that do not end with an 's'.

I agree, the colors have got to change for a team so geographically close to KC. Plus KC and Omaha have always kind of had a link to each other in sports, so if your gonna have seperate teams in each city, they shouldn't look so similar.

I'm not sure the star is the best shape suited to tie together the wings logo. It doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the team and it just looks out of place.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of had those same doubts in my head as well. I thought I was being original with the colors. Sorta blanked about the redskins and the chiefs haha. I will figure something else.

The yellow shape on the right worked until I colored that part red. I noticed it after I posted this and you can bet that I will fix that in the update. I may have a little trouble defining the face, so any advice with that would be very helpful. I tried the wing on the other side and it just didn't work. I will try it again though, But I kind of liked the unorthodox placement of it.

Ok- Update time. I pretty much used dgnmwrw's post as a check list. He's got great work in his threads, and Pearl Jam is the best band to live :P

So

I chose new colors. A navy blue, yellow gold, and gray. Blue and gold are the colors of Nebraska and the Air Force. I thought that white was just a little too boring so I put in gray to add some character. I realize that St. Louis has blue and gold. but I think the shades are different enough to work, and again I used gray instead of white to differentiate them.

I tried to define his face more. I tilted him up, and made his chin squarer. I took out the yellow shape and just simplified it to highlight the glasses and the chin. I changed the mouth and chin area up a lot. I added a bit of detail to it and the left lens. I also redrew the nose. I added that blue shape but am not sure if it works or not (another version without it). Please let me know which version you like best. Again the wing doesn't work on the left side of the face, and I like the right side. I think it gives it a shield/crest look.

I also took dgnmwrw's advice on the secondary. There are so many different things you can do for a secondary logo with a pilot theme!

Let me know what you think and I will keep update. Hopefully I will only have minor details to change.

link removed

The changes you made to the facial features are an improvement and I didn't properly notice them until a second look. As for the color, I would shift the blue about 30 degrees west. At first glance it looks purple and screams "Vikings" to me. Mimicking the blue used by the Air Force Academy might not be a bad idea if you want to tie in with that theme... it's not a color used by any NFL team (it's a little lighter and bolder than the Giants and Colts, and darker than the Lions).

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

I know that the NFL is a long way away from expanding, if they ever will, but this is all hypothetical. I'm hoping to get 8 Teams that would fit in the NFL. That includes location/colors/names/divisions etc. Once I finish I will go back and sum everything up and place them in division. I'm still looking for names/cities/colors for other teams so please sound off if you have any ideas.

First up- the

Omaha Aviators

I've always wanted to do a pilot logo, and this gave me the chance to do a WWI/II type pilot. There is a famous air force base just south of Omaha and then the geography just seemed to make sense to me with barnstorming. I thought Omaha/Iowa area could use a team and had enough population in the general area and not just the city to host a team. I picked red and yellow (or athletic gold) because they just say Nebraska to me with the Cornhuskers and Corn. The secondary is supposed to be a reference to the Hap Arnold logo without just ripping it off. I haven't decided if I should do uniforms or not, yet. Opinions? I will definitely do updates if needed.

AviatorsExpansion-1.png

Aviatorhelmetscopy.png

Thanks for reading

I really like this design, tho on the helmet the wings should be yellow.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Aviators isn't a horrible name, but as an Omaha native, I'm not completely sold on it.

What about Bombers or Aces - something a little more aggressive? The flight concept is decent, but Aviators seems like an old-timey name and makes me think of the Wright Bros.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived