EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great. I love the logo, although it is very similar to the Celtics logo, and the colors and uniforms are great. I like the silver outline on the home unis, and I don't think you need to add a blue one. I also don't think you need a black alt, since this seems to be more of an old school team. I WOULD, however, put the logo on the shorts.

Another great job!

@Jaha

only because you're my favorite designer on this site. and because everytime I've seen this board bumped with a post of yours it's been like Christmas for me...

I DO NOT like this one. I'm pretty positive you actually modeled this after the Celtics logo. I remember seeing this concept logo before and you made that clarification.

If this was a "minor" league for the NBA, and this team was playing in or around Boston, it would be okay.

But, the idea of that logo being in Madison Square Garden bothers me. It kind of throws the concept out of whack. Everything else in here is so perfect! Even as an imaginary league, the perfection has been slapped in the face.

The logo is great! as a stand a lone. But the idea behind this one has me scratching my head. Also, the uniforms are a little on the boring side compared to your others, though I expected something clean and simple for the mobsters.

I know...I'veamazed myself by saying this.

I'm glad you call me your favorite desinger. Now I got some pressure to live up to that. :P

But yea this was modeled after the Celtics. That's what I was going for when I made it.

I get what you're saying about how could a NY team have anything that resembles something from their rival city of Boston in most sports. That's a valid point, but Im not too worried about how a pretend team's logo would work if it were real. the name Mobsters isn't even that realistic since it glorifies crime in a way. That's the fun of a pretend league, we can do whatever we want and not have to worry about how it would go over if it were real. (although for the most part I am going for realistic but there are exceptions) If we really want to break it down, I dont think the Garden even has a enough free nights to host another team with the Knicks, Rangers, St. Johns, concerts, and whatever else Im missing. Maybe a name like Massachusetts Mobsters would be better and even be a good fit as the Celtics D-League team.

hopefully I dont disappoint next time. :grin:

Here are the updated jerseys. I added the logo on the back of the shorts. There is also a black alt. The reason I didnt originally make a black alt is that I thought it looked too similar to the Magic '90s jerseys. I tried to make the number and word have blue outlines on the home as some of you suggested, but with the blue and black being so close in color and not a lot of space between letters, it was very hard to read, so I left it with gray...so yea the jerseys are still pretty plain, but I think there's room in every league to have a some jerseys that arent anything special, just functional. That's my excuse for my laziness.

And I sat down to make an secondary logo, but I couldnt concentrate. Most teams need secondaries, but there are teams out there in sports that only have one logo, right? Back to the Celtics topic, they have that clover things, but I hardly consider it a logo, it resembles all Irish things.

MOBSTERS_jerseys.gif

I don't really like the logo on the butt. It can work with wordmarks, but it doesn't really work here with the circular logo. Personally, I would put the logo on the sides of the pants.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the tramp stamp either.

Haha, I never even thought of it as a tramp stamp there. I'll put it on the side of the shorts when I next update.

--------

The next team is going to be the Anaheiim Diablos for those curious. Depending on how much I get done on it this weekend, I should have it posted sometime soon. (a few days maybe)

I don't really like the logo on the butt. It can work with wordmarks, but it doesn't really work here with the circular logo. Personally, I would put the logo on the sides of the pants.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the tramp stamp either.

exactly. it's the worst trend of sports jerseys lately. Was so happy when that one team put them on their uniforms took them off after one game because of backlash. Logo would look good on the front of the shorts in the lower corner.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

The Mobsters shorts are now updated with the logo on the side of the shorts rather than the butt.

Now onto the next team, the Anaheim Diablos. I wanted to try a color combo that I haven't seen too often in sports and hopefully these colors work. The player is Cedric Ceballos who played college ball at Cal St. Fullerton, which technically isnt in Anaheim, but it neighbors it so close enough.

As far as the logo, I went with the pitchfork theme over a devil face or Arizona St-type them. Hopefully what I have works although I dont think it will be easy to top the Spirit logo. Im also going to try to use less people/animals in the next few logos I make just to mix it up a little so the whole league doesnt end up with similar looking logos, which can easily happen Im sure when the same person (me) designs every logo for every team. Of the first 14, I think only 4 didnt have a body/face of some kind.

MOBSTERS_jerseys-1.gif

DIABLOS.gif

This also marks the 15th team. If I were to stop here (but I plan to make more) the divisions would look like this for those who care:

METROPOLITAN

Brooklyn Skyhawks

Connecticut Spirit

Empire State Monarchs

Long Island Claws

Manhattan Mobsters

EASTERN

Birmingham Bees

Columbus Fury

Jacksonville Hammerheads

Lousville Racers

Virginia Marauders

SOUTHWEST

Albuquerque Fire

Anaheim Diablos

Austin Outlaws

California Condors

Las Vegas Aces

wow, you just keep finding ways to make this series better! I love the colour scheme and the jerseys are fantastic. I really love the 'diablos' wordmark on the primary logo.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Please do more. I would love to see Something around Philly, Camden?, AC?, Baltimore?, Pittsburgh?, IDK but you shouldn't do one in Philly, Not that you said you would, :P, Also it would be good if you could do more animal names. I love the great ideas for names, but it might get tight for some cities that don't have any interesting factors. SO think about lions, tigers, snakes? This Concept is the best I have seen on this board and every time I see it I dream about it being real. Thank you so much

Wow. This might be my favorite set yet. The logos are once again fantastic, the color scheme is amazing, and the uniforms are excellent. I especially love the wordmark and number font. My only suggestion would be to make the wordmark and numbers yellow on the road uni, to match the baseline of the court.

Keep it up man!

Great stuff again. I love the colors. (I've used a similar scheme with another heat-based name. They really do work great together.) Great looking render on the pitchfork and the type. My only concern is the logo without the type: something about the way the ball disappears behind the prongs is bothering me. I know it probably had to be done for the sake of simplicity, but I don't think it looks quite right. Also, it feels a little boring. I think you could use the opportunity to drop the ball entirely and introduce another element to the package. Maybe a big A (stylized like the "Diablos" type), with the pitchfork creating the cross-stroke? Or some flames wrapping around the pitchfork? It would just be nice to see an alternate logo with a touch more "personality."

Another than the issues with the secondary logo, this is another big winner. You're getting really great at producing refined compositions in the primary logos.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived