EBA - Elite Basketball Alliance

jaha32

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a "MANHATTAN" block for the Mobsters and an "Anaheim" script for the Diablos on the respective road jerseys...Other than that, these are pure winners!

I just now noticed that I accidentally got rid of the MANHATTAN lettering on the blue away jersey in the latest update. The first two versions had it. Thanks for noticing. I will get that back up soon although I think I completely erased it from my computer and flash drive by mistake :cry: and I will consider that Anaheim script since youre right, it'd probably look nicer on the roads.

mcbannon, I'll change the colors on the word on the road jersey.

dgnmrwrw, I'll fix the secondary. Not sure if I will completely change it or just fix the way the ball disappears behind the prongs like you said. One reason Im not sure about doing the A thing is that I think 5 teams already have a secondary logo with a single letter being the focus, not that that should matter here, but Im trying to be consciencious of my tendencies to keep the whole league from looking the same. I do like the shape of the current secondary just because it seems to fit nicely on the shorts in that little space and on the courts, so I might want to keep it similar, although you've now given me some good ideas too, thanks for your ideas!

Please do more. I would love to see Something around Philly, Camden?, AC?, Baltimore?, Pittsburgh?, IDK but you shouldn't do one in Philly, Not that you said you would, :P, Also it would be good if you could do more animal names. I love the great ideas for names, but it might get tight for some cities that don't have any interesting factors. SO think about lions, tigers, snakes? This Concept is the best I have seen on this board and every time I see it I dream about it being real. Thank you so much

I'm glad you're liking the series. :) Im not sure Camden or AC have arenas so they arent going to make the cut. Maybe Baltimore. I also dont think I'll do names like lions or tigers, just because theyre so over used. Although the Monarchs team here has a lion in the logo so it's kind of like lions. "Snakes" is possible. The D League already has the Vipers but I dont know, Cobras, might work or some other snake name that sounds appealing. Im not sure yet.

Thanks for all the feedback again everyone!! It keeps me wanting to do more.

Good ideas, guys. Thanks for your help.

I think I'll stay out of Indy and Minneapolis, maybe St. Paul can work, although I know it's the same market.

I kind of have to use DC because I have this George Washington concept and it doesnt make sense for any other city that I can think of, but as long as the team goes by a different name than the NBA city, it doesnt bother me as much.

I'll try to get some more cities out west, but since Im trying to stay out of already used markets to some extent, theyre arent a whole lot of decent-sized cities left out west.

Im really liking the name Buffalo Wings! With the flying aspect and the chicken wings, it seems perfect. and Cincinnati Royals sounds good because of its historic name, so maybe down the road I can do that one. I think a music theme for Nashville would be nice too, but just cant think of a good name now.

Pioneers has potential. if not for Omaha, somewhere. What about St. Paul Pioneers? (named after their newspaper. or is that lame?)

Swordfish and Jammers for TB..Im not sure which one. I want to use Jammers for some city and I already have a water animal in Florida with the Jacksonville Hammerheads, not that that really matters, it's just the kind of stuff that crosses my mind.

Tulsa Twisters actually entered my head too, AnythingChicago, but so many T's on the tongue had me thinking Cyclones instead. IDK.

and El Paso Desperados sounds awesome, but I cant help but think of the recent AFL team in Dallas when I hear that name. What about Renegades? or Banditos?

I dont plan on using names like Freaks, Parents, or Treehuggers, sorry Jahgee. I also dont understand Grovers. whats a Grover?

I like the sound of Austin Outlaws, but I thought Outlaws is overused, but I like the sound of it too, mcbannon.

I chose Flight over Flyers for North Carolina just because of the NHL team.

Some great ideas here!

Anaheim is in Orange County, Anaheim has large orange businesses, Orange pickers are called grovers, hence the connection

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

For the Mobsters alternate... I'm thinking make a basketball that is wearing the hat and smoking a cigar. Do it right and it would look AWESOME!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

For the Mobsters alternate... I'm thinking make a basketball that is wearing the hat and smoking a cigar. Do it right and it would look AWESOME!

I get what you're saying. It probably could look nice, but that idea seems incredibely cartoony and I dont think it would match the existing primary I made.

I went away on a little snowboarding vacation the last 3 days, so I wasnt able to do any updates, but I will get back to Illustrator soon and post some changes and then start the next team. but not sure when I will finish.

Since I accidentally replaced the MANHATTAN wordmark on the away jersey when I posted the Mobsters' jerseys with the logos on the side of the shorts, here it is in its final state.

For the Diablos I added the ANAHEIM script on the road jerseys and made the words yellow on it. I also changed the secondary logo a little so that the ball didnt just disappear behind the prongs like it did before. Now the ball is farther down the handle area and I changed the lighting a little just to clan it up a bit, but Im sure it's hardly noticeable. I tried the A with the pitchfork, but I didnt pull it off right so Im just going to stick with this.

I am currently working on the Tulsa Cyclones, so that will be the next team posted when I finish.

DIABLOS-1.gif

I know you probably already have a determined colour scheme for Tulsa, but if your not 100% sure, I think brown and rust or brown and yellow would be nice. Definately include brown.

Actually Im open to color suggestions like the one you said. So far I was using blue, light blue, and brown so I wanted to use brown. I just dont know if I can use brown and yellow together. It just seems dirty. Maybe once I finish the design, I will post various color combos and see what all of you think is best.

I know you probably already have a determined colour scheme for Tulsa, but if your not 100% sure, I think brown and rust or brown and yellow would be nice. Definately include brown.

Actually Im open to color suggestions like the one you said. So far I was using blue, light blue, and brown so I wanted to use brown. I just dont know if I can use brown and yellow together. It just seems dirty. Maybe once I finish the design, I will post various color combos and see what all of you think is best.

No, light blue and brown is great. That would be extremely cool.

25yzwqg.png

This is just the logo for the Tulsa Cyclones. Using the shield type background seemed to be the best way to frame the cyclone. And I know the multi-colored ball was an ABA thing, I dont really care. I think they look cool and wanted to use it for at least on team if not more.

I am playing around with a few color options here and wanted to see if you guys had a preference. I tried to use some shades of brown since it is so rare.

#1 was my original colors I intended to use with two shades of blue and brown,although Im not sure if this is even a true brown here. I think blue compliments brown better than any color.

#2 has black, but I'm not sold on using black since I've used it for 6 or 7 of the previous teams I think.

#3 uses the most brown and the darkest brown, and it is the most unique color combo here, but it might be too much brown.

Any preference?

CYCLONES.gif

Archived