Bowl Matchups 2010-11

Gary

Texas A&M to AT&T Cotton Bowl

That's stupid. I'd assume either Ok State, Mizzou or Nebraska, whichever didn't get the second Big 12 BCS bid would go there since it's the top of the non-BCS bowls. Guess they only want Texas teams whenever there's the slightest hint of possibility.

As I suggested in the main NCAA thread, the Big 12's efforts to spite Nebraska cost the Conference a multi-million dollar BCS Bowl payout. An observation that Dan Beebe is a paranoid nincompoop could be made here.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as long as Arizona beats ASU and Stanford goes to the BCS (both likely) we play the loser of the Big 12 title game in the Alamo Bowl.

We either get a Holiday Bowl rematch or the inaugural Stoops Bowl. Interesting...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So as long as Arizona beats ASU and Stanford goes to the BCS (both likely) we play the loser of the Big 12 title game in the Alamo Bowl.

We either get a Holiday Bowl rematch or the inaugural Stoops Bowl. Interesting...

IF the UofA wins...a Stoops bowl would be a better game a provide a better storyline. Arizona scoring points in a bowl game this year would be an improvement.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Syracuse confirmed to the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. So pumped for this because I'll be able to see the Orange in their first bowl game since 2004 and they're playing in the first bowl game at Yankee Stadium

Also in the quirky department, my first time at the New Meadowlands Stadium was for a Syracuse lacrosse game. Now my first time at the new Yankee Stadium will be for a Syracuse football game

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Texas A&M to AT&T Cotton Bowl

That's stupid. I'd assume either Ok State, Mizzou or Nebraska, whichever didn't get the second Big 12 BCS bid would go there since it's the top of the non-BCS bowls. Guess they only want Texas teams whenever there's the slightest hint of possibility.

As I suggested in the main NCAA thread, the Big 12's efforts to spite Nebraska cost the Conference a multi-million dollar BCS Bowl payout. An observation that Dan Beebe is a paranoid nincompoop could be made here.

Think about it this way:

The losing team's fans from the Big XII title game would make two trips to D/FW in four weeks, if selected.

Ok State was in the game last year.

Mizzou does not travel that well.

The Aggies have won six in a row, they can sell tickets and represent more of link to the games past since it is the 75th anniversary of the game.

Also in the quirky department, my first time at the New Meadowlands Stadium was for a Syracuse lacrosse game. Now my first time at the new Yankee Stadium will be for a Syracuse football game.

The first sporting event I attended at the Georgia Dome was a Hawks playoff game vs. Charlotte....

Also in the quirky department, my first time at the New Meadowlands Stadium was for a Syracuse lacrosse game. Now my first time at the new Yankee Stadium will be for a Syracuse football game.

The first sporting event I attended at the Georgia Dome was a Hawks playoff game vs. Charlotte....

My first paying TV gig was at the Carrier Dome for a Syracuse - North Carolina lacrosse game. Does that work? Wait...better yet, the one and only time I've ever seen an Ohio State football game in person was at the Carrier Dome when they played Syracuse. I was working that one too. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

My first paying TV gig was at the Carrier Dome for a Syracuse - North Carolina lacrosse game. Does that work? Wait...better yet, the one and only time I've ever seen an Ohio State football game in person was at the Carrier Dome when they played Syracuse. I was working that one too. :D

I guess that works. My point was that I was seeing a lacrosse game at an NFL stadium I've never visited (hell a sports complex I've never visited) and now seeing a football game at a MLB stadium I've never visited

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Aren't most lacrosse games played on football fields? It's not too quirky, I think. If lacrosse games weren't normally played in the Carrier Dome, then I guess it falls in the quirky department.

My first Georgia game I attended was at Georgia Tech...so it was a relative home game for Georgia. I saw Georgia games at Tech and in the Georgia Dome (2002 SEC Championship Game) before I went to games at Sanford Stadium. (For the record, Georgia is 9-0 with me in attendance. I need to write the Athletics Director a letter and have him give me tickets until Georgia loses a game.)

Speaking of Georgia and bowls....we've purchased a pair of Liberty Bowl tickets, as just about every pundit has them playing in Memphis. So the bowls the SEC has ties to better not throw curveballs come Sunday evening. Plus, may as well enjoy the festivities, frivality, and debauchery that Beale Street can offer on New Year's Eve. Good thing my friend lives within stumbling distance of downtown....

So you've only seen one Ohio State game in person? If so, I find that a little shocking. Dunno why, though....

You and I could probably come up with one helluvah college football talk show, by the way...

Invite me on and I guarantee you ratings.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So you've only seen one Ohio State game in person? If so, I find that a little shocking. Dunno why, though....

You and I could probably come up with one helluvah college football talk show, by the way...

Invite me on and I guarantee you ratings.

D_G referred to your Arizona-ASU rivalry talk as "boring" with multiple O's.

No thanks.

Archived