Oilers to Quebec City?

Cujo

Make It... well, still six, actually.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Until it hits tsn.ca, this is barely a story.

Also,

On the other hand, this could also be a clever use of leverage to help the Oilers acquire an arena in Edmonton. Mario Lemieux used such a technique when he flirted with Kansas City officials eager to fill their new arena before ultimately putting the wheels in motion to build the Consol Energy Center

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Here's my thing on this. If they are struggling in Edmonton, what makes anyone think they wouldn't struggle in Quebec City a town that lost a food hockey team already? I'm not sure if it just wouldn't be a latteral move for them.

Here's my thing on this. If they are struggling in Edmonton, what makes anyone think they wouldn't struggle in Quebec City a town that lost a food hockey team already? I'm not sure if it just wouldn't be a latteral move for them.

Mmmmmm... Food hockey. *drool*

VmWIn6B.png

Look at the gift horse in the mouth (if that's the proper analogy) and consider the source of the report: The Toronto Sun, which is part of the Quebecor media empire; Quebecor's upper management, if I'm not mistaken, is a big proponent of the NHL's return to Quebec City. This seems not so much a story about the Oilers leaving Edmonton than it is a puff-up piece about Quebec City's viability as an NHL city.

If the planets align and this does happen (I'm not trying to say that it will, or that there's even a 10% chance of it happening), I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Bettman and the BoG kick back and let it happen. While it would a move within Canada, it would still be interesting to compare a potential Oilers move with the Phoenix situation and see if Bettman and the BoG would fight tooth and nail to keep the Oilers in Edmonton the same way they fought to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If the planets align and this does happen (I'm not trying to say that it will, or that there's even a 10% chance of it happening), I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Bettman and the BoG kick back and let it happen. While it would a move within Canada, it would still be interesting to compare a potential Oilers move with the Phoenix situation and see if Bettman and the BoG would fight tooth and nail to keep the Oilers in Edmonton the same way they fought to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix.

Maybe even try to kill both birds with one stone by steering the Oilers toward Winnipeg instead of QC. That way they'd be ditching the Edmonton market and taking Winnipeg out of the Coyotes picture at the same time.

CCSLC signature.png

Mmmmmm... Food hockey. *drool*

Yeah? What about it? :lol: Have you ever heard of "biscuit in the basket"? :hockeysmiley: Yeah, I might of made a typo. ^_^

This is the same as when Oilers officials visited Hamilton not too long ago. The local media started wringing their hands over the Oilers moving into Copps Coliseum, but nothing ever came of it. Much ado about nothing.

Archived