TB Rays Logo

KCScout76

While out Christmas Shopping, I ran across a kid wear a "newer" cream colored hat w/ a navy bill, the logo on the hat was the Tampa Bay "R" with the Ray coming from the middle of the R - The hat was cool looking, I didn't ask about it, just saw the kid walk by across the isle and later thought maybe this might be something coming down the pipe or just a Youth League Baseball Cap. The tail might have been a bit longer but this is pretty close.

Here a mock-up of the logo.

TBRays.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yeah, I don't think it looks that good. I feel like it's too cluttered and non-flowing to be considered a decent logo, let alone a cap logo. It looks like someone was just like "let me put two random parts of their identity next to each other and call it a logo". It would be as if the Orioles put their "O's" cap logo next to a picture of their oriole logo. How is that supposed to look good?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's uh . . . 6 nay and No Yea. At this point, the logo is an "epic fail". Like I said, it maybe a youth team.

But when it caught my eye, it wasn't bad, but I agree it's too cluttered.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another reason to contract the franchise. Major league baseball wasn't meant to be played in Florida after April 1st. As the Ray's & Marlin's attendance figures attest.

Contract a team because of an unofficial logo? Can really see that you're a true fan of the sport.

Never mind withholding an entire state of a sport because we have half the teams for three and a half weeks of the year. Using that logic, I guess we shouldn't allow the Diamondbacks to continue to exist. Heck, let's get rid of the Southern California. They used to have some teams during Spring Training. Georgia and Texas too. Let's just only play baseball above the Mason-Dixon line. You know, like the good ol' days.

And if we're gonna base it solely on attendance, the Nationals, Orioles, Royals, Blue Jays, Pirates, Athletics and Indians should probably start looking into leasing some land in a city where fans will come watch them, since baseball obviously wasn't meant to be played there.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Well as the only Marlins fan on this site,I say baseball in florida is great,people in florida only had MiLB until 1993,you'll see in 2012 what I mean Radiohead.The Marlins' attendance will bolster to 40 percent more than it is now.Please have respect for small market teams.Seriously,the pirates are one of the oldest franchises,and just because they have lower attendance than other teams doesn't mean they should be leased,have a heart......phew I'm out of breath.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Well as the only Marlins fan on this site,I say baseball in florida is great,people in florida only had MiLB until 1993,you'll see in 2012 what I mean Radiohead.The Marlins' attendance will bolster to 40 percent more than it is now.Please have respect for small market teams.Seriously,the pirates are one of the oldest franchises,and just because they have lower attendance than other teams doesn't mean they should be leased,have a heart......phew I'm out of breath.

Just for the record, I'm a big-time Marlins fan and have been planning a trip there in 2012 for a while now.

98Falcons.png

Yeah, you're not the only Marlins fan on the site.

Archived