1984 Browns preseason jerseys

DGivens87

$30 for a jersey? :therock:

try $250

I've always found this jersey to be interesting. The only thing that bothers me is the orange numbers.

edit: nvm, my bad reading skills have been put on display.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

$30 for a jersey? :therock:

try $250

I've always found this jersey to be interesting. The only thing that bothers me is the orange numbers.

Look at the attached article... the Browns paid $30 per jersey

Gotcha, my bad!

I didn't even see the article there, the first time around.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't remember which thread exactly this was originally discussed, but it appears one of the '84 pre-season Browns jerseys found its way to eBay.

brown1a.jpg

brown2.jpg

browns84b.jpg

Huh. I would've sworn those jerseys had orange numbers with a single white outline... not the split-outline pictured here.

I must be getting old... memory fading...

Wow. Tom Flick. He was a backup QB. Brian Sipe had left for the USFL and starting QB Paul McDonald really sucked so Browns fans were on the Tom Flick bandwagon in '84.

Oh and we hated the fact that they changed the uniforms back then just as much as we hate suggestions to change it now. That '84 set lasted exactly one season.

BB52Big.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Now, here is the real question I've been trying to figure out. Were the matching whites with orange numbers ever produced or not? Every once in a while, you'll see one pop up on eBay, like this autographed Clay Matthews, Jr. jersey or this Martin Stracka jersey. The Sand-Knit tagging at the bottom hem looks legit for jerseys of that era, and since we know they were never worn in a game, they theoretically should look as pristine as these two examples do, but I'm no expert. I can't officially confirm whether there was a legit set of whites with orange numbers produced before the season began, so if anyone can help any more, that would be great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived