NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

Secondly, you might not fit into what I consider a loyal fan, but I don't see why you don't act a little more grateful to the players who've tried to get your team a title.

You're really stretching the word "try" on that one. Between LT's sideline pouting and Cro's absolute fear of contact in their last two or so years as Chargers, there wasn't much trying going on.

I don't even blame them for leaving. Hell, with that jerk AJ running the show, I'd leave too if I were them. I just didn't like how they ended their time in San Diego

And it doesn't help that the Spanos family owns the team either. But the two of them, along with the rest of that core group did bring more victories to San Diego than what they had previously. I wouldn't wish the Ryan Leaf-era on any of the teams I dislike.

I didn't mean to quote this whole thing (I'm on this blasted phone that takes for freaking ever to type a single word), but you really wouldn't wish a Ryan Leaf-era on the franchises you detest the most? I sure as hell would. I would love to see the Giants, Eagles, Steelers, Patriots, and Redskins suffer through it... Ahhh, how lovely would that be..

Especially since the Cowboys went through one themselves earlier this decade. Remember Quincy Carter?

Q-Car, faults and all (Goodness he has them), still took them to the playoff 2003. It was the mess before and during his tenure which was more maddening.

Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson and don't forget that they signed Tony Banks and released him the day before training camp opened.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially since the Cowboys went through one themselves earlier this decade. Remember Quincy Carter?

Never mind that, they actually went through a literal Ryan Leaf era.

display_image.jpg

Exactly man. The era between Romo and Aikman was freaking awful. Unbearable to watch. Carter, Bledsoe, Hucthingson or however you spell is name. And plus the infamous Ryan Leaf.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Cowboys were depressing as hell during that time. I mean, I'm definitely no Cowboys fan, but most of my family is, and watching the Cowboys suck year in & year out during the period in between Aikman & Romo was just dreadful. Atrocious football to watch.

I mean, hate em or love em, I just find the NFL to be more interesting when the Cowboys are actually good.

The Cowboys were depressing as hell during that time. I mean, I'm definitely no Cowboys fan, but most of my family is, and watching the Cowboys suck year in & year out during the period in between Aikman & Romo was just dreadful. Atrocious football to watch.

I mean, hate em or love em, I just find the NFL to be more interesting when the Cowboys are actually good.

The same can be said of the Raiders, and to a lesser extent the Dolphins. I grew up when those teams were really good, and it's awkward to see all three of them (Cowboys included) struggling.

The same can be said of the Raiders, and to a lesser extent the Dolphins. I grew up when those teams were really good, and it's awkward to see all three of them (Cowboys included) struggling.

49ers for me. They were the class of the NFL when I started watching football in the 80s which made it that much more satisfying to watch the Packers pound the crap out of them throughout the 90s. But unlike say, the Cowboys, the Niners always felt like a classy organization that deserves better than what they have right now... although I thank them very much for drafting Alex Smith :D

And this should tell y'all all y'all need to know about me...the way y'all feelin' about the Cowboys and Niners is the way I feel about the Chiefs. All through the '90s, whether it was Joe Montana or Steve Bono or Elvis Grbac or Rich Gannon slangin' the rock for them, or Jamal Lewis or (later) Priest Holmes runnin' with it, Tamarick Vanover out there on the flank, Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith wreaking havoc on defense, Dale Carter and James Hasty out there holding down the corners, that team was a virtual lock to go something like 13-3 in the regular season--only to peter out in their first playoff game (usually to either the Colts or the Broncos).

That might be part of why I was so jacked to see the Chefs back in the postseason this tine around--because I still got such fond memories of the teams of the '90s. (And, as fate would have it, the Chefs petered out their first game of this postseason, as well.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And this should tell y'all all y'all need to know about me...the way y'all feelin' about the Cowboys and Niners is the way I feel about the Chiefs. All through the '90s, whether it was Joe Montana or Steve Bono or Elvis Grbac or Rich Gannon slangin' the rock for them, or Jamal Lewis or (later) Priest Holmes runnin' with it, Tamarick Vanover out there on the flank, Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith wreaking havoc on defense, Dale Carter and James Hasty out there holding down the corners, that team was a virtual lock to go something like 13-3 in the regular season--only to peter out in their first playoff game (usually to either the Colts or the Broncos).

That might be part of why I was so jacked to see the Chefs back in the postseason this tine around--because I still got such fond memories of the teams of the '90s. (And, as fate would have it, the Chefs petered out their first game of this postseason, as well.)

Exactly. When I first started watching football the Chiefs were really good. They had guys like Otis Taylor and Len Dawson. Willie Lanier, Mike Garrett, Buch Buchanan, and Curly Culp. Jam Stenerud. Hell, they even won a Super Bowl. Then there was the Dolphins. Csonka and Kiick. The no-name" defense. Bob Griese and Paul Warfield. I remember when they played the Chiefs in the longest NFL game ever. The Dolphins were so good that they even went undefeated on season.

Damn you people are making me feel old. Then again, I got to see the :censored: as it happened. You all are stuck reading about it or watching NFL Films. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Even to this day, when I think "Chiefs", the first players that come to my mind are Christian Okoye and Barry Word. I remember people going nuts one day when a sports-talk guy mentioned that there was a chance that the Eagles could some how get him before he was traded to the Vikings.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

49ers for me. They were the class of the NFL when I started watching football in the 80s which made it that much more satisfying to watch the Packers pound the crap out of them throughout the 90s. But unlike say, the Cowboys, the Niners always felt like a classy organization that deserves better than what they have right now... although I thank them very much for drafting Alex Smith :D

Very true. The first Super Bowl I remember watching (beginning to end, and remembering everything) was the one between the Cincinnati Bengals and San Francisco 49ers, when Joe Montana drove down the field and hit John Taylor in the endzone of the winning score, that drive, coupled with Stanford Jennings amazing return made me fall in love with football.

The memories...

Well, it had been a peaceful week untilllll....

Steelers CB Ike Taylor calls out Santonio Holmes. "I'll lay him out."

Dude may have just opened the floodgates. Where you at, Bart Scott!? :D

6uXNWAo.png

Bart Scott is busy stopping nosebleeds...

*applause*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very true. The first Super Bowl I remember watching (beginning to end, and remembering everything) was the one between the Cincinnati Bengals and San Francisco 49ers, when Joe Montana drove down the field and hit John Taylor in the endzone of the winning score, that drive, coupled with Stanford Jennings amazing return made me fall in love with football.

The memories...

Is that someone on the Bengals sideline wearing a Colts #46 white jersey and jeans at the 34 seconds mark? How does anyone allow that to happen?

sig-1.png

The memories...

Is that someone on the Bengals sideline wearing a Colts #46 white jersey and jeans at the 34 seconds mark? How does anyone allow that to happen?

I've seen a lot of situations where, for one reason or another, an NFL had high schoolers on the sideline wearing their own jersey. And the Colts template was even more popular in the 80s than it is now.

At least that would be my guess if I had to put money on it.

Archived