NHL Guardian Project

nash61

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blackhawk one is cool if you read it as an allegory for the Daley machine. But if the Blackhawk has a "Hazardous Material Alarm," how come it never detected Bob Pulford?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Oh no, Mr. Fingers has derailed a train in St. Louis!

What does the Blue do? Opens a portal and dumps the train in the middle of Egypt.

Right now they'd probably be safer on the derailing train.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This is the 2010's version of Peter Puck and the NFL Huddles. Hell in 15 years this board will be filled with HS and Collage design students saying how cool they were and that they collected the comics, and post any pix of them. They are not being designed or marketed for the guys on this board but for their younger siblings or kids.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Ok, it took me a while to get back off the floor from laughing so hard in order to write this post. Anyone read the Wild story? I noticed his arch villain the Threatener, yes, that's right, the Threatener, and his evil minions are in the color of the old North Stars? coincidence?

According to The Capital's comic Devan Dark, evil master of subtlety, wants to overthrow the United States of America and turn it into the United States of Villainy.

I don't even know what to say to that.

Because a guy in a mask who hisses like a snake constantly terrorizing the world with a guy who's head is made of chrome was REASONABLE? Or transforming robots from an alien planet and hide amongst us by DRIVING THEMSELVES was realistic?

It's for kids, kids....

Because a guy in a mask who hisses like a snake constantly terrorizing the world with a guy who's head is made of chrome was REASONABLE? Or transforming robots from an alien planet and hide amongst us by DRIVING THEMSELVES was realistic?

It's for kids, kids....

GI Joe and Transformers are complex and nuanced compared to this crap.

As further proof I offer the villain of the Buffalo Sabres; The Scarf.

http://c0389321.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/battles_sabre.pdf

GI Joe and Transformers are complex and nuanced compared to this crap.

As further proof I offer the villain of the Buffalo Sabres; The Scarf.

http://c0389321.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/battles_sabre.pdf

You eat hot pockets that your mom microwaves for you as you blog about the outrageousness of comics and how they don't reflect exactly what you'd like to see, and you can't understand why why no one will publish your obviously genius fan-fics...

It's for kids. Not for you. Save your indignation for making false claims of color monopolies...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well. I managed to read all thirty. Um. Yeah.

Before I get jumped on for ripping something intended for kids, let me say that I am well aware that this whole project is just that.

But.

I know when I was a kid I would have thought villains like "The Scarf" and "The Threatener" were ridiculous, but are kids these days really going go for this dreck? Maybe I give them too much credit or maybe I've simply forgotten the naivety of childhood, but I don't think kids are going to actually like these. Then again, they're supposed to like the good guys and not the lame® bad guys.

From a business point of view, I'd be interested in finding out how much revenue these bring in. From a hockey standpoint, I wonder if in 10 years or so we'll haver any NHLers saying they got into the game because of Mike Mason, the Oiler, or the Thrasher...

(On a side note: If Jonas Hiller is looking for some mask artwork and wants to keep the black motif, why not just slap Devin Dark on there? :hockeysmiley:;) )

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

You eat hot pockets that your mom microwaves for you as you blog about the outrageousness of comics and how they don't reflect exactly what you'd like to see, and you can't understand why why no one will publish your obviously genius fan-fics...

It's for kids. Not for you. Save your indignation for making false claims of color monopolies...

Um, no. Not at all. I actually haven't read comic books in years, hate hot pockets, haven't lived at home in five years, and I laugh at people who write fan fiction.

So stop being an :censored: If you want to discuss this project you're certainly free to do so without reaching into the stock insults barrel because I dared to dislike a new hockey uniform you like.

Get your head out of your :censored: and discuss the matter at hand without the lame attempted insults.

Archived