NHL Guardian Project

nash61

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta agree with what Brass and STL Fanatic said. This project was created, in my honest opinion, to be focused on younger children. Super hero type characters always seem to resonate well with young children, so why not?

Now, most of us saw this and came off with an attitude of 'Boy, this was a bad idea and it's going to fail oh so badly.' Most of us aren't the target here. You're talking about making comics, graphic novels, action figures and whatnot out of these 30 characters created from this project.

As for Hathaway Browne, who wants the the defunct Guardians... Why not use those teams and have them be the bad guys? You know, 'Fallen Guardians'. They once protected the Earth along with the other Guardians, but they fell into the ways of evil and were thrown out of the group. They now seek revenge against the Guardians for booting them out.

As for the members:

The Jet - Leader of the Fallen Guardians. A human with a powerful jetpack that can help him reach speeds of Mach 1. He is also a trained soldier of combat as the City of Winnipeg itself is home to NORAD in Canada and home of the 1 Canadian Air Division.

The Whaler - The oldest of the Fallen Guardians. He looks a lot like Captain Ahab (of Moby Dick fame) decked out in Whaler colors. He carries a giant harpoon that he uses for offense and defense. He also controls a pod of whales to help him out.

The Nordique - The Fallen Guardians' Strongman. He's a cross between a polar bear and a Husky who has inhuman strength and power. He's also a brick wall, a homage to the ramparts that surround Fort Quebec.

The Scout - The only Native American member on either side. He is a decesdent of the native tribes that once lived in the area Kansas City is located on. He has a real mean streak, a homage to the unrest the plagued the city during the Civil War.

(Any other ideas for the defunct franchises are welcomed. I'll make sure you get credit for it)

The possibilities here could actually lead to some stories I'd want to read.

*would totally pull a 180 and support this thing if they did a The Dark Knight style interrogation scene with the Coyote and the Jet."

"You're just a freak, Coyote. Like me."

JAN 17- The Red Wing

33800176609942377279_156199747751632_361420_1085432_n.jpg

RedWingOrig6.png

Guess they did include the Original 6 logo, it was just on his arm that was obscured

What the hell is happening in this cell? A guy with two babies in the background? Three henchmen shooting in random places. Glass shards falling downward and no one seems worried, especially the man with the babies. What is happening???

I'm more worried about what the hell Elton John is doing involved in a Kidnapping. Is this how he got his child?

-Bottom Left-

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

JAN 17- The Red Wing

33800_176609942377279_156199747751632_361420_1085432_n.jpg

RedWingOrig6.png

Guess they did include the Original 6 logo, it was just on his arm that was obscured

What the hell is happening in this cell? A guy with two babies in the background? Three henchmen shooting in random places. Glass shards falling downward and no one seems worried, especially the man with the babies. What is happening???

And sweet, there's apparently a Detroit-based villain named Milo...just like on the CCSLC.

I like how his voice sounds like Jim Balsillie's

The Blues guy was weilding a deadly saxophone.

Maybe they read my tongue-in-cheek pleas after all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here is a link to the Previous Battles of the Guardians. It looks to be pdfs of the same thing they gave out at the ASG.

Now I haven't read anyone else's but the Duck's, but it looks to be that someone's previous guess that they are environmentally saving the planet one way or the other. My example:

In a past battle of The Duck, a businessman is out on his yacht in between Orange County and Catalina Island. He is investing in the world's first ever totally GREEN skyscraper in Anaheim ( <_<:rolleyes: ) when his boat is attacked by an angry sea vixen known as THE JELLIFISH. Luckily the Duck arrives to save the day.

The one thing I did like was during his battle, the Duck did have some Shark Repellent, which is 1) a nod to the Ducks/Sharks rivalry and 2) a complete rip from the 60s Batman show, if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I just read The King. His enemy is a guy named HITCHCOCK with an army of mechanical BIRDS and he sabotages the Orpheum Awards. The thing ends with the "celebrities" chanting "Long live the King."

If nothing else, these things are giving me quite the laugh.

EDIT: and just read The Blackhawk, at the end of it the final panel begins with "After a call to the Police, Fire Departments and the EPA..." (And yes, EPA is actually bolded.)

EDIT: BAHAHAHAAHAHAH And apparently, The Coyote is basically an agent for the Border Patrol. Yes, Border Patrol.

And one of the Blue Jacket's weapon's is deploying an Ohio Flag as like a net type thing...

You know what, I've changed my stance on these things. These things are HILARIOUS. I'm gonna stop posting after reading these. Please read them all.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived