NHL Guardian Project

nash61

(On a side note: If Jonas Hiller is looking for some mask artwork and wants to keep the black motif, why not just slap Devin Dark on there? :hockeysmiley:;) )

Hey now, he likes his welding mask, and I happen to as well. :P Leave Darth Hiller along :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(On a side note: If Jonas Hiller is looking for some mask artwork and wants to keep the black motif, why not just slap Devin Dark on there? :hockeysmiley:;) )

Hey now, he likes his welding mask, and I happen to as well. :P Leave Darth Hiller along :lol:

Haha! It was just more of a passing thought than anything serious. I think Hiller's lack of decoration is interesting. Can any Ducks fans tell me why he prefers a plain mask?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Haha! It was just more of a passing thought than anything serious. I think Hiller's lack of decoration is interesting. Can any Ducks fans tell me why he prefers a plain mask?

This is his first plain mask. He usually has some intricate designs and he usually goes through 2 or 3 designs a year. It's funny because Ducks fans have called him more ADD with his mask designs until this year.

This season he was given this prototype of a new mask and he liked the mask so he kept it and planned on painting it. He started wearing it plain during training camp and the rest of the team said that they liked it, and he kinda grew into it so he kept it. There are small gold D's on his forhead and right ear. His left ear has a gold Swiss cross.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I've found about the whole project yesterday, to be honest. Here are some of my loose thoughts:

They all have too many superpowers. They should be like X-Men and complement each other and there is only one Jean Grey (which should be omitted here, not to make one franchise much more powerful than the others).

The Panther looks the coolest but it's the total ripoff so it's difficult to credit creativity for this one. And it was totally spoiled by the alternate logo. He looks hilarious with Florida Panthers written on his chest. Superhero sings should not have any writing (it could at least lest exposed as in the case of Capital; that was done well). But apparently someone was too lazy to incorporate some red (and relate to team colours). I agree that red doesn't fit to some dark city knight (Batman type) but this guy lives on the swamps.

Sabre is the biggest dissapointment for me (the Canuck would be second on the list). They have probably had the Niagara story in mind but he should definately be Deadpool kind of hero. Someone who's a master of blades.

That's why I like Devil's idea. It's related to the story of the Jersey devil so they didn't even needed to rip off some comic heroes.

The Knight and the Senator were probably the easist to design. I agree that the latter would look cooler with a sword or a spear but then he would be rather a gladiator or a legionaire.

Lightning's and Star's mohawks are interesting ideas. Shark should be an underwater creature, we already have a surfing duck.

Somehow, I like the Maple Leaf. Each bunch of freaks (mutants, superheroes, avengers, whatever you name it) need a Thing-like guy. I know that you usually feel sorry for the guy to end up like this but someone has to be the biggest freak of nature aboard.

And one last comment on white male thing. As it was already pointed out, most of fictional superheroes are white males. And so are the hockey players.

P.S. I also found this http://www.banginpanger.com/2011/01/my-nhl-guardian-project.html

The link doesn't do it justice.

NHL+Guardians.jpg

Find the superhero that relates to your team.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Because of awesome connections, I was able to snag the 'graphic novel' for $22 (retails $30+ tax) and thought it would be a fun novelty to own.

The production value is rather impressive but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than to try and help.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Because of awesome connections, I was able to snag the 'graphic novel' for $22 (retails $30+ tax) and thought it would be a fun novelty to own.

The production value is rather impressive but if anyone has any questions I'd be more than to try and help.

Out of interest: is it just the same comics that are available on the Guardian Project website or is there more to it? Or completely different stuff in there?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Out of interest: is it just the same comics that are available on the Guardian Project website or is there more to it? Or completely different stuff in there?

A collection of the online stories, but it is put together pretty well. Not sure how many of these were made so for the discount, I thought why not.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why does this scream Spider-man and the Toronto Blue Jays telling kids to say no to drugs in the early 90s?

It isn't that creative. I used to have one of those comics... I'm sure it's long gone but even at the time I thought it was stupid.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Why does this scream Spider-man and the Toronto Blue Jays telling kids to say no to drugs in the early 90s?

It isn't that creative. I used to have one of those comics... I'm sure it's long gone but even at the time I thought it was stupid.

There was one with the Expos with Larry Walker and Moisés Alou as well and I believe that Spider-Man also went to the Calgary Stampede and helped beat up someone with the help of this girl who had a fancy flying wheel chair. I remember getting those during bike safety week at elementary school.

There was one with the Expos with Larry Walker and Moisés Alou as well and I believe that Spider-Man also went to the Calgary Stampede and helped beat up someone with the help of this girl who had a fancy flying wheel chair. I remember getting those during bike safety week at elementary school.

i have an old spiderman comic with a kid in an oilers jersey on the cover, im pretty sure thats why i own it haha

i have an old spiderman comic with a kid in an oilers jersey on the cover, im pretty sure thats why i own it haha

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w/27423-asmsoti

Archived