Team uniform requests

GriffinM6

I called the Atlanta falcons front office today to ask for them to wear the black alts in the first round of the playoffs.Any body else done something like this

And the receptionist gave that note...to her recycle bin (if she even wrote it down).

Actually she forwarded me to the equipment manager,but he didn't pick up(sigh). :cry:

Because you don't know how to get in touch with people of importance via the telephone. Trust me, there are ways to get in touch with anyone of importance, if you know what you're doing and have the balls to do it. It's the way people get the really good jobs out there.

This may work for a minor league team. But I doubt a big-time pro team would react to such requests...but hey, cannot hurt to try.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Will LMAO if by some coincidence the Falcons come out in black...

i'll be laughing with you

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

I once called Captain Insane-o on a live wrestling show and asked him if I could be his waterboy. When I told him I was 31, he laughed at me.

That's is pretty funny,i love that movie.

Yeah just wondering though,it would be funny if they did come out in black.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Actually she forwarded me to the equipment manager,but he didn't pick up(sigh). :cry:

Because you don't know how to get in touch with people of importance via the telephone. Trust me, there are ways to get in touch with anyone of importance, if you know what you're doing and have the balls to do it. It's the way people get the really good jobs out there.

If you're the expert then let's see you get the Falcons to wear their black jerseys for their next game...

PvO6ZWJ.png

Back in 2001, I suggested to someone (could have been a PR person) at the Patriots that the team should break out throwbacks for their regular season finale against the Dolphins to commemorate the final regular season game at Foxboro Stadium. Interestingly enough, I received a reply from the equipment manager saying that he asked the NFL about it, but the request was denied. Whether that was true or not, I'll never know, but it was nice to get more than the standard "We appreciate your interest in the club, and your feedback will be provided to the appropriate party. Season tickets are available now by calling..."

I've had e-mail discussions with one of the Times-Picayune's Saints beat writers about whether uni changes have been considered. My impression from his responses is that no one in the Saints organization sees anything wrong with their look and he is bemused by the fact that so many fans concern themselves with the uniforms. For example, people wanted the paper to do a chart showing how the team does in different uni combos. I'd check that out from a curiosity standpoint only; I'm not superstitious and don't believe the uni influences the outcome in any way.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I've had e-mail discussions with one of the Times-Picayune's Saints beat writers about whether uni changes have been considered. My impression from his responses is that no one in the Saints organization sees anything wrong with their look and he is bemused by the fact that so many fans concern themselves with the uniforms. For example, people wanted the paper to do a chart showing how the team does in different uni combos. I'd check that out from a curiosity standpoint only; I'm not superstitious and don't believe the uni influences the outcome in any way.

Except in the case of the Blue Jackets cursed third jersey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wrote in several suggestions to the Blue Jays in the past, all of which were eventually used -- was it because of me? Who knows.

Sure it was. You're famous dude. You have clout. The Jays said "Hey, this is from that Chris Creamer guy. You know, that guy who's always mentioned by that other guy who does that ESPN column about uniforms." :D

BB52Big.jpg

During Larry Lucchino's tenure with the San Diego Padres, I once sent a letter to the Padres asking them why they would not stock 1984-era Padres caps in their stadium Padres store. Somehow that letter reached Lucchino's desk and he had his PR guy Tim Katzman call me to discuss this issue. Katzman said the real issue could be solved if they got their new ballpark (this was around 1996-97) and they would make every effort to stock the item if the ballpark was approved by the voters. However, it wasn't too much longer than that conversation when these caps started showing up in their Qualcomm Stadium store. Did I make a difference? Who knows. I was impressed they actually called me back.

I e-mailed Mr. Katzman on several occassions to discuss uniform issues, notably, why they wouldn't hang Garvey's retired number in Qualcomm stadium's lights like the others (his answer: they had a plaque in the right field wall that was obscured by some additional overhanging bleachers in that area) and why they didn't have matching batting helmets when they first came up with their all-white alternate unis in 1999 (his response: "business decision" - when I pointed out other teams that had two sets of helmets he responded "management has made this decision but thank you for your question"). He always responded to any inquiry I had. It was pretty cool. I don't think he's there anymore. The guy understood what his job was, and that was to interface with the public.

I'd say that a PR guy's main job is to interface with the media (who is really the public's link between themselves and the team.) I'd say that this Katzman fellow was going a little "above and beyond."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wrote in several suggestions to the Blue Jays in the past, all of which were eventually used -- was it because of me? Who knows.

So are you the person everybody has to blame for the black?

Don't try to lay that on me :)

I wrote in suggesting a sleeveless jersey in the off-season before they made their debut in 1999, that could be a coincidence... i suggested they put photos commemorating the teams past great moments along the outfield wall ("like the Dodgers do") and they did the following season... and i also requested a memorial patch for the three former players/managers who died in the one off-season, they responded with something like "we'll get back to you about this", a few months later there was that memorial logo on their uniforms.

I *think* there were a few others; Gord Ash personally responded to one about the first logo change back in Nov '96

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived