Moseph's NFL Pro Combat Thread

Moseph

Hey guys, this is the first time that I have made a Pro Combat set. I decided to start off with the Buffalo Bills because I feel they need to go in a different direction. I decided to go with a modern look for this team to give them a fresh start, but went with a couple of things from the classics. I brought back the light blue jersey for the Home look and the white helmet as my throwback touches. I decided not to have a throwback as the alternate and instead went with a dark blue jersey. There are two sets of pants to be worn with all three jerseys, but the main combos will be light blue/white for home, white/dark blue for the road, and a monochrome dark blue alternate. I also added a new wordmark and updated the logo to go with my striping pattern. What do you guys think? C&C appreciated.

First is the helmet

RevolutionHelmetTemplateBills2012png.png

Home and Road Uniforms

BuffaloBills2012Unispng.png

Alternate Uniforms

BuffaloBills2012UnisAlternatepng.png

Alternate Pants Combos

BuffaloBills2012UnisAlternatePantspng.png

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

This is the best compromise I've seen since 1787, you kept all the colors (except the hideous "nickel") but cleaned up the uniforms while keeping them modern and organized

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

This is the best compromise I've seen since 1787, you kept all the colors (except the hideous "nickel") but cleaned up the uniforms while keeping them modern and organized

Is that a mistype, or are you referring to the Constitutional Convention?

This is the best compromise I've seen since 1787

LOL...yes.

As for the concept, seems a bit too "Titans/Oilers" to me...I think royal, navy, and red would work just fine.

I was thinking the same thing, that it almost looks too much like the Titans. I just wanted to get you alls opinon first.

This is the best Bills concept I have ever seen. Thanks for leaving both shades of blue in the color scheme. Great Job!

Thanks for the comments. I have been playing around on Madden and thought light and dark blue made a good color scheme.

This set would be absolutely perfect... for the Titans. Not sure it really fits the Bills. That blue is EXTREMELY light colored. Darken it up a bit to their standard shade of blue and this would be good.

I will darken it up some as I thought it was too Titan-ish myself actually.

Cut the light shade of blueand this is a seriously awesome concept.

I think the two shades of blue work pretty good together and it would be a unique look.

Instead of having two blue jerseys, why not have a red alternate? Great job on this, I really like it.

I never thought of that, but I will try it.

I like the idea here, but it needs some work.

Right now the identity as a whole is a bit inconsistent.

Not a fan of the helmet stripe being so different than the stripes on the white pants (both white backgrounds, shouldn't they be the same?)

Also, I'd much rather see a double outline on the pant stripe, if there is a double outline on the helmet stripe.

Finally, the double blues is not working at all. Your white pants have light blue and red, while the white jersey it can be paired with has Navy as the dominant color.

Just a very inconsistent set, if you ask me. I'd almost rather them stick with their current mess.

I would either drop one of the blue colors, or better incorporate the colors into each item of the uniform.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Overall a solid concept and a definite improvement over their current travesty of uniform design. I think you should feature the lighter of the blues more prominently. I don't like how the dark home jersey is the lighter blue but the roads are predominantly dark blue with the pants and the jersey shoulders. On the roads if you made the predominant color the lighter blue with navy blue accents I think it would be much improved. Also, really don't like how the ribbon on the bison comes to a point. That just doesn't work IMO and really comes across as change for change sake rather than making it a stronger logo.

edit: also difficult to read the wordmark on the dark jersey

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

This is a solid concept, the only thing I'm not digging is the sharp end on the speed line in the logo. Just looks kinda awkward, I don't know why.

Also you're missing a 'Z' in Paul's sirname, to be picky ^_^

I made it in to a point to go with my stripes, but I guess its not working. I will fix the last name on my next update too.

I think your Update to the Red Uniforms is a Downgrade.

What would you think of having neither the red or navy but a throwback of some sort instead?

I like the idea here, but it needs some work.

Right now the identity as a whole is a bit inconsistent.

Not a fan of the helmet stripe being so different than the stripes on the white pants (both white backgrounds, shouldn't they be the same?)

Also, I'd much rather see a double outline on the pant stripe, if there is a double outline on the helmet stripe.

Finally, the double blues is not working at all. Your white pants have light blue and red, while the white jersey it can be paired with has Navy as the dominant color.

Just a very inconsistent set, if you ask me. I'd almost rather them stick with their current mess.

I would either drop one of the blue colors, or better incorporate the colors into each item of the uniform.

I realized their were some things that were inconsistent but I thought I might try and make a couple of things work. I wanted all three colors on the helmet stripe but I will just make it match the pants. If I were to add a double stripe on the pant, I would need a double stripe on the jerseys and I am not sure how that would look in such a small space. I get what your are saying about the pants, but atleast when the all white is worn, the stripes match between the jersey and pants. If I were to change it, then I would get flak for inconsitent stripes. Not everything can always completely consitent, and there are plenty of current uniforms that are not.

I like this alot, the updated version is excellent!

Can't wait to see more.

I will probably revise this one again tomorrow and then start working on some new ones, maybe the Redskins, Broncos, or Jaguars.

Overall a solid concept and a definite improvement over their current travesty of uniform design. I think you should feature the lighter of the blues more prominently. I don't like how the dark home jersey is the lighter blue but the roads are predominantly dark blue with the pants and the jersey shoulders. On the roads if you made the predominant color the lighter blue with navy blue accents I think it would be much improved. Also, really don't like how the ribbon on the bison comes to a point. That just doesn't work IMO and really comes across as change for change sake rather than making it a stronger logo.

edit: also difficult to read the wordmark on the dark jersey

I actually like the current look. The home and away is the same look, just reversed. I am not to sure how it would look if I reversed everything on the road jersey. I will change the wordmark on the home jersey, I didn't even really notice that at first. As for the logo, I made the change to be more consistent with the stripes throughout the uniform, but you are the 2nd one to say it doesn't work so I will change that back to how it was.

I never really liked the two shades of blue that the Bills currently use, it's just too much in my opinion. I think if you just eliminate one of the blues and replace it with red you would have an amazing concept.

3535rx3.jpg

I finally got around to updating the Bills and made some new uniforms for a couple of other teams.

Buffalo Bills

For the Bills, I decided to drop the navy blue and replace it with nickel. I was reading in a thread were ColorWerx had posted about how the nickel is a very interesting color, so I figured it would be cool to include it in my concept for a more unique feel.

BuffaloBills2012RevolHelmetpng.png

BuffaloBills2012NikeUniformspng.png

BuffaloBills2012NikeUniformsAlternatePantspng.png

BuffaloBills2012NikeUniformsAlternatepng.png

Kansas City Chiefs

For the Chiefs, I decided to drop black from the logo and focus on red and yellow. I didn't want to change them to much because they have had the same uniforms for a long time, but I think this gives them a new look without going over the top.

KCChiefs2012Helmetpng.png

KCChiefs2012Uniformspng.png

KCChiefs2012UniformsAltPantspng.png

Archived