NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

carlosgg6

Question: do the Eagles still have silver pants? They should go Green tops, silver pants.

Nope. They ditched the silver pants when they made the switch to midnight green in '96 or '97. And unfortunately, a few years back, all of the silver trim on the jerseys and pants got darkened to something approaching charcoal, which really dulls the overall look, I think. The only remants of silver are in the wing details on the helmet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread didn't get far before taking a sharp turn. Hijacked into a Seahawks uni debate in 4 posts! :D

But hey, while we're on it, as many have said before, their look would be fantastic if they just wore it as originally intended, with the white pants at home and blue pants on the road. I also wish the Saints would ditch the black pants.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Question: do the Eagles still have silver pants? They should go Green tops, silver pants.

Nope. They ditched the silver pants when they made the switch to midnight green in '96 or '97. And unfortunately, a few years back, all of the silver trim on the jerseys and pants got darkened to something approaching charcoal, which really dulls the overall look, I think. The only remants of silver are in the wing details on the helmet.

It actually IS Charcoal:

PhiladelphiaEagles_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Also to note: two different Silvers as well.

I'm going to take these guesses:

Jets (white/white)vs. Colts (blue/white)

Ravens (white/black) vs. Chiefs (red/white)

Saints (white/black) vs. Seahawks (sea blue/sea blue)

Packers (white/gold) vs. Eagles (green/white)

my "wildcard" guess would be white pants on the Ravens

This thread didn't get far before taking a sharp turn. Hijacked into a Seahawks uni debate in 4 posts! :D

But hey, while we're on it, as many have said before, their look would be fantastic if they just wore it as originally intended, with the white pants at home and blue pants on the road. I also wish the Saints would ditch the black pants.

Lord no, the Blue on Blue is the best looking set in the NFL.

spacer.png

You're kidding right?

You're kidding right?

No and I like the purple pants and whole uniform for the Vikings. I am not Old-Fashioned like you. Therefore, are you kidding me with that Vikings signature?

spacer.png

Archived