Seahawks' Helmet Fail

Dedalvs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they connected in the back the logo would look like a two headed snake. Its not... its two logos (two hawks0 one on each side of the helmet (like every other helmet in the league besides cleve. and pitt.) .... I like it as is.

I agree with this

So do I. I always saw their helmet decals as the same as the Vikings, Rams, Eagles, etc. One decal for each side of the helmet. One connected two headed bird-snake would just look screwed up...and more than a little creepy.

BB52Big.jpg

Sigh. I'll just spend the rest of the helmet's existence OCD-ing about how it doesn't connect in the back to complete the full totem pole look and you guys with your two-headed snake theory can continue to think you're right. Agree to disagree.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sigh. I'll just spend the rest of the helmet's existence OCD-ing about how it doesn't connect in the back to complete the full totem pole look and you guys with your two-headed snake theory can continue to think you're right. Agree to disagree.

Again - totem poles connect in the front too. Connecting in the back would not complete the effect... it would only make the problem worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

as did the Breakers

crump.jpg

The USFL was cool. I wish I had been around for it.

Wow. That's the first time I've ever seen those helmets. They are awesome.

Yes, one of the best ever. Here's a static view:

jr-0102.gif

The Breakers made the rounds, spending one season in each of three cities before fading into history with the rest of the USFL. Don't remember the Boston version having silver helmets...

3678898170_cb696a0ce7.jpg

In '84 they came to New Orleans and kept the name, a little odd since N.O. has only a river and a lake and there are no breakers to be found unless you count the small swells that come ashore on Lake Pontchartrain. Here's a little something that came up in the Google search. Just for you, ColorWerx...

NewOrleansBreakers_1984_01.jpg

In '85 the Breakers went off to Portland...

3678085087_030d89c269.jpg

...at which point the league finally wised up and made a logo without a city name. :D

USFL+-+Breakers.GIF

Went to a couple of their games in the Superdome and have an original copy of this program somewhere.

USFLart4.jpg

Today, the name Boston Breakers lives on in the form of women's pro soccer:

BostonBreakers.jpg

tumblr_l29z5kKQeh1qbdugyo1_500.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Breakers made the rounds, spending one season in each of three cities before fading into history with the rest of the USFL. Don't remember the Boston version having silver helmets...

They didn't. Artistic license, or possibly a prototype? I have seen that before however.

In '84 they came to New Orleans and kept the name, a little odd since N.O. has only a river and a lake and there are no breakers to be found unless you count the small swells that come ashore on Lake Pontchartrain. Here's a little something that came up in the Google search. Just for you, ColorWerx...

By just for me, you mean from my own site then?

:P

Another thing about the Breakers - they were pretty close to moving to Indianapolis after the 1983 season (from Boston). If the Colts hadn't moved from Baltimore, I believe the Breakers would have. There certainly was talk that the Breakers' name wouldn't have stayed. Back in the day, I submitted a number of names and (horrific) uniform designs to the team...I think I was proposing "Indiana Tornadoes" or something...

Here. What do you guys think? Two headed monster?

Stripes.jpg

seahawkshelmet2.jpg

much better.

Are you kidding me? That looks retarded. The Photoshop part was great execution on the creators part, but the helmet if seen on the field should be executed immediately.

Wrong again, and 'retarded' probably isn't the best work used to describe how something looks.

I know it's not reliable to compare color in photos, but here's two shots of the Seahawks' helmet at night at Qwest field: one from years past and one from Saturday.

56647554.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FDC29130E18B8652B467E7B590D9512D93C5704B7E8038A027

107938811.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E612086D530AAD099B78FCF6777BAAC4CBE6F28A9783C7895C

Looks like the helmet is getting more teal to me. but it's probably just the reflection of the sky or something.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not a fan of the navy pants, but I love the navy sleeves on the home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, I don't see the big deal about the fact that the helmet logo doesn't completely wrap around the helmet. McCarthy and BBTV's comments aside, it just would look too awkward for my tastes. I would like to see the Seahawks wear white pants at home and the dark pants on the road, because I think that would enhance their look more so than modifying the helmet.

I used to think that the logo would have looked better if it was connected at the back, but after seeing what it might actually look like on an actual helmet, I'm now glad it doesn't.

But then again, I still think the standard logo would look better than the "totem pole" look.

the seahawks logo and helmet looks like a good idea that just went wrong. idk, i was always attracted to the idea I just never thought it worked. I think it'd look better for the team if they just cut off the extended lines and just used the head. when the lines connect in the back (in that mockup) it just looks awkward.

The small seahawk head on the jersey is absolutely awful. The whole uniform is a disaster.

21dh5qp.png

^ that looks worse than connecting the two heads in the back, IMO. Actually, some of those toy kids helmet and uniform sets had the logo on the Seahawks helmet like that.

I guess I'm just in the minority, but I don't understand how it looks better to have the 1 inch gap between the two abruptly cut logos than it does to attach them. This is especially true when in my head it's always been implied that they're supposed to meet each other in the back of the helmet.

I'm glad at least that someone brought it up in a thread context (and agrees with me). I've tried to bring attention to it in weekly update posts, but it's never gotten much attention.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the stripes don't meet in the back, then there are one of a number of things that could be done:

1. Use the actual logo on the helmets, instead of the stripe variants.
  2. Add a definite end of some kind to the stripe (perhaps like the terminus of the Bills' stripe on the buffal).
  3. Have the stripe fade out before it hits the back of the helmet.

Or, leave well enough alone. IMHO, the Seahawks - along with the Jacksonville Jaguars - have the best damn helmets in the NFL.

Throw in the eagles and you'd be exactly right.

The Eagles & the Rams helmets are perfect. Put helmet on the side and its look like the Eagles wings and the Rams horns are perfectly placed!

Except that Eagles don't have wings on their heads, while Rams do have horns on theirs. The wings are cool because they've been there for so long and identify the team, but if there was never any winged helmets, and the team was just started today, I'd rather them go with something like the Oregon Ducks and work the wing onto the sleeve, and just have a standard logo on the side of the helmet.

Except that Eagles don't have wings on their heads, while Rams do have horns on theirs. The wings are cool because they've been there for so long and identify the team, but if there was never any winged helmets, and the team was just started today, I'd rather them go with something like the Oregon Ducks and work the wing onto the sleeve, and just have a standard logo on the side of the helmet.

That true Vet but if you have the helmet facing you the wings is connected with the Ridell logo. The Eagles wing logo is one of the best with the Chargers lightning bolt, Vikings & Rams horns.

They didn't. Artistic license, or possibly a prototype? I have seen that before however.

By just for me, you mean from my own site then?

:P

Seriously? I just saw it in the Google image search and grabbed the url. DOH!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived