New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo is a nice sentiment. Like, it's nice that they tried something outside the box and fresh. But honestly, where is that Marlin coming out of and where is it going? To me this looks a bit like the Buffaslug bred with the OKC Thunder logo...yet somehow y'all like it. Maybe because it's different, it sort of works for you? I'm not on board yet, but honestly, I'm not bailing on it either. Where they go next will make my decision easier.

i like the blues on the old Miami Marlin with the dazzle looking light blue.

I noticed that the Blue in the logo is slightly darker then the stadium logo. I think the light blue would look alittle better.

Showtime can you confirm if the logo on the hat is going to use the Dazzle silver or is it a flat gray like that picture.

Edit: eRay thats what i was thinking, another buffaslug design. im still undecided on it.

According to the people in this thread yeah,.

I like the way the marlin is designed in that one. To be honest as a Marlin fan, i would be kind of disappointed if they use the same style marlin and look after all this talk of distancing the new team from the old.

See this bothers me. I don't WANT to distance the new team from the old. To me it's the same team. You should never forget where you came from...especially if you won two World Series championships.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I like the way the marlin is designed in that one. To be honest as a Marlin fan, i would be kind of disappointed if they use the same style marlin and look after all this talk of distancing the new team from the old.

See this bothers me. I don't WANT to distance the new team from the old. To me it's the same team. You should never forget where you came from...especially if you won two World Series championships.

I completely agree. The management were pushing that this is a new team so i kinda got used to the idea. I actually had a pretty cool concept in my head with the rainbow theme.. Im hoping for some Turn back the clock days.

I completely agree. The management were pushing that this is a new team so i kinda got used to the idea. I actually had a pretty cool concept in my head with the rainbow theme.. Im hoping for some Turn back the clock days.

I'm wearing my old teal gear to games if/when I get out to the ballpark.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Made some tweaks in 2 seconds to try to improve this thing sitting before me. Not trying to jack the thread or anything, just offering solutions to SOME of the things I dislike about this. If you want this removed, I'll remove it. Not a new guy looking to plug himself. Isn't this slightly better?

2012FloridaMarlinslogo2.jpg

The logo is a nice sentiment. Like, it's nice that they tried something outside the box and fresh. But honestly, where is that Marlin coming out of and where is it going? To me this looks a bit like the Buffaslug bred with the OKC Thunder logo...yet somehow y'all like it. Maybe because it's different, it sort of works for you?

Not at all.

If the Buffaslug was this abstract, I wouldn't have hated it as much as I did. But that was trying to have it both ways, with just enough details to make me realize that he was missing his legs. This reduction works so much better.

The logo is a nice sentiment. Like, it's nice that they tried something outside the box and fresh. But honestly, where is that Marlin coming out of and where is it going? To me this looks a bit like the Buffaslug bred with the OKC Thunder logo...yet somehow y'all like it. Maybe because it's different, it sort of works for you?

Not at all.

If the Buffaslug was this abstract, I wouldn't have hated it as much as I did. But that was trying to have it both ways, with just enough details to make me realize that he was missing his legs. This reduction works so much better.

Well put sir.

I found this what i believe to be the NEW Marlins logo and what not... Wondering if anybody has the logo slick or style guide from the MLB, i'm sure somebody has access to that site...

2012FloridaMarlinslogo.jpg

Wow, that's actually not bad at all. I'll reserve judgement until the full set is released, but the hat logo is looking good.

Not a fan. Don't like the M, don't like the colors.

spacer.png

U loosers that think thats the new logo are going to look extra retarded on 11-11-11. . ..the colors from the stadium logo have NOTHING to do with the team colors those are the color sections of the stadium, *face palm*

You should really tell the Marlins then because they accidentally submitted that to Major League Baseball as their logo... boy will their faces be red when they lift the curtain and see the wrong logo there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived