New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

messed around some and came up with a couple different tweaks

Obviously that's leaning towards the dolphins but that's fine! They've been an iconic staple of the area. I again stress this would be much more exciting if they didn't bury their gear in black.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the team takes the OKC Thunder colors (one of the worst looks in pro sports), adds BFBS, makes the marlin look like the Buffaslug (another unpopular look might I add), and there's the new logo. It baffles me that they took inspiration from the worst looks ever.

I just realized that the fish tail is in front, and it goes behind the M. WHY?

You got to be kidding riight? It sure looks like a swordfish to me anyway.

Man, if that's true, it went from terrible to even worse!!!!!!

I think it just looks kind of awkward. I know the current one is like that too, but normally when things wrap around letters the tail is behind and it wraps infront.

The logo's better than I thought based on the negative reaction I got from Showtime. So since black will still be a major color in the uniform and will likely be the alternate jersey, which secondary color is more prominent on the whites and grays...the blue or the orange?

I stand by my negative reaction. :cursing:

Bad. If they were going to go with these crazy colors, they should have lost black completely. It doesn't work to say "we want whacky colors because it's unique and artsy" and say the next sentence "everything needs to be black because fans only wear black." As for the font, I have no issue with it.

The fish, however, is :censored:ing terrible. This works for a hypothetical Marlin Micorsystems or Marlin Grill and Brewery, where you look at the letterhead or menu and then say "Oh, that little abstract swoosh thing is kinda in the shape of a Marlin. Cute." It's not cute for a professional baseball team. That is far too abstract. The fish could be in all kinds of crazy colors, but it has to look more like a fish. As posted earlier, something closer to the current fish, only with a multicolored fin on top would look fine. And it doesn't even need to be on the cap logo. Loria and Sampson did their best to wipe their asses a few times with the Marlins' identity, so there is no need to hold on to the fish wrapping around the letter.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hate the colors. Straight out of the OKC Thunder color scheme, which is the worst in sports.

That said, I'd really like the logo if you changed the colors. I love the modern look with Art Deco touches. I'm not terribly surprised actually - I figured I'd like the actual design of the logo/wordmark but hate the colors, since I heard they were going with a bit of an Art Deco theme.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived