New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be ok for a company logo, but not a baseball team. No character.

No character? Seriously? You can call this logo a lot of things, but bland is not one of them.

This is the most unique logo a baseball team has released in a very, very long time. Would rather have another roundel with "Miami Marlins Baseball Club" wrapped around a baseball?

What is it with NA sports teams releasing lack-luster, and quite frankly ugly logos after having many months to create and market test them? The Thunder, Buffaslug, Lightning and now this atrocity. At least the Jets can use time as an excuse for a half-assed effort. That's not the case with this. Nothing here works: The colors clash, the Marlin looks like it's from the 70's, has no tail and is incorrect in terms of perspective. This just insults my eyes, although the M font isn't bad.

Was the resemblance to the old Dolphins Stadium logo intentional?

5s7rhrluhhl3cnax98h4.gif

I thought of this too, but unlike the Marlin, the Dolphin is very well executed. I actually liked it so much, I was hoping the Fish would adopt it for the team as well.

What is it with NA sports teams releasing lack-luster, and quite frankly ugly logos after having many months to create and market test them? The Thunder, Buffaslug, Lightning and now this atrocity. At least the Jets can use time as an excuse for a half-assed effort. That's not the case with this. Nothing here works: The colors clash, the Marlin looks like it's from the 70's, has no tail and is incorrect in terms of perspective. This just insults my eyes, although the M font isn't bad.

4431.jpg

May be ok for a company logo, but not a baseball team. No character.

No character? Seriously? You can call this logo a lot of things, but bland is not one of them.

This is the most unique logo a baseball team has released in a very, very long time. Would rather have another roundel with "Miami Marlins Baseball Club" wrapped around a baseball?

I totally agree. As someone who has been to Miami a few times, I love how the Cyan, Yellow & Orange colour scheme and the art-deco style font of the M matches the culture and colour scheme of Miami. Kind of disheartened to see that Black and Silver are still prominent though.

I don't like the block script at all. If they did the same treatment (arched white font with orange outline) with the font of the new Ballpark logo, that would be much better.

MM_Ballpark_RGB-420x522.jpg

Overall, I give the M logo a thumbs up. I can't wait to see how the new unis will look.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Why is everyone crying about the color scheme? Would you have preferred yet another red/white/navy team?

And of course MLB is adding another red/white/navy team next season

Oh no, please don't tell me you're talking about that team in T.O.

Why is everyone crying about the color scheme? Would you have preferred yet another red/white/navy team?

It's not the colors I don't like, it's everything else:

1: That Concorde. I mean Marlin. Seriously, it looks like something Concorde would use as an icon.

concorde48.jpg

2: Black. I wouldn't have minded it so much if it was just one or two high-saturation colors, but three is a mess when black is that prominent on the display.

3: As BBTV pointed out, the grey completely surrounds the "M" but not the Concorde marlin.

4: The Concorde marlin is going from in front of the "M" to behind it, which looks really strange.

Just because it's not boring doesn't mean it's good. It's not hard to be non-traditional and effective. This simply doesn't work on any level. Even keeping the old teal and gray color scheme improves this design immensely. Don't change just for the sake of changing. Don't be different, just to be different. I'd rather have a league full of safe but good designs rather than this kind of minor league ridiculousness.

I actually like it more than I thought I would. It has a Thunder vibe, but at least it has a visual representation of the marlin. My only critiques, the bottom middle point of the M is too low in my opinion. It seems lower than bottoms of the outsides of the M. I don't like the yellow on the M since it is not on the marlin. And speaking of the Marlin, I want the Marlin to be slightly bigger. Overall, I'd say a C+.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

As for logo execution itself, I'd have wanted to see a little white on the marlin itself. This is a great Miami logo, although not a great Marlins logo. Teal and silver was just too perfect for the nickname, and the old primary logo was among the best in baseball. It's as if the Florida MLB teams are trolling us, by having color schemes better suited for each other's nickname.

Just because it's not boring doesn't mean it's good. It's not hard to be non-traditional and effective. This simply doesn't work on any level. Even keeping the old teal and gray color scheme improves this design immensely. Don't change just for the sake of changing. Don't be different, just to be different. I'd rather have a league full of safe but good designs rather than this kind of minor league ridiculousness.

That's what I think too. Which is why I'm bumping this back up two pages...

And of course MLB is adding another red/white/navy team next season

Oh no, please don't tell me you're talking about that team in T.O.

San Diego switching to the PCL color scheme?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived