New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

Your right we wre all morons now that you proved a point will you please leave.

As times gone buy I've began to love this thing, it'll never be a Yankees NY or Red Sox B etc, but it is beautifully different can't wait to see the new set.

With this said I'd still prefer the 90's looks to this, but certainly better than the last 2 years.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be honest...I like the logo ALOT more than I thought I would. It's one of those "pleasant suprises". The only thing I semi-dislike is the Marlin itself. It's a little too abstract to me personally. However, the idea and concept is really great. And, in a shocker to me personally, I actually LOVE those colors against the black. Not quite an A or even an A-, but it's still pretty solid in my mind. I'm looking forwards to seeing the rest of the set.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm calling it - the cap is going to sell VERY well. Judging by trends I've personally seen with caps lately, people either go for black caps (I see black Jays, Pirates, Giants, Reds, etc. caps EVERYWHERE), or vibrant fashion caps. Judging by the colors and guessing a black cap is in the mix especially, I'm thinking any of the caps they put out will sell. Whether we see black, orange, whatever color - I'm sure they will fit the current trends.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The logo is a nice sentiment. Like, it's nice that they tried something outside the box and fresh. But honestly, where is that Marlin coming out of and where is it going? To me this looks a bit like the Buffaslug bred with the OKC Thunder logo...yet somehow y'all like it. Maybe because it's different, it sort of works for you? I'm not on board yet, but honestly, I'm not bailing on it either. Where they go next will make my decision easier.

I'm not on board at all. This...thing...is atrocious. Worse than bad, IMO. It may scream "Miami", but it's the gaudy, over-the-top obnoxious part that it's screaming.

The worst team in baseball now has the worst logo to match. Now just give me an F for the uniforms and the triumvirate of suck will be complete.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

U loosers that think thats the new logo are going to look extra retarded on 11-11-11. . ..the colors from the stadium logo have NOTHING to do with the team colors those are the color sections of the stadium, *face palm*

............................................________

....................................,.-'"...................``~.,

.............................,.-"..................................."-.,

.........................,/...............................................":,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:"........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}

...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../

...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

spacer.png

U loosers that think thats the new logo are going to look extra retarded on 11-11-11. . ..the colors from the stadium logo have NOTHING to do with the team colors those are the color sections of the stadium, *face palm*

Go back to Stormfront.

I don't like it. Too gaudy, too flashy. The "marlin" doesn't read as a marlin when separated from the Marlins wordmark. It reads more as a European high-speed airplane logo to me.

I honestly don't see how the board generally approves of this logo. It seems to be a strange mix of the OKC Thunder plus the infamous Buffaslug.

I don't know if I like it, but I definitely don't hate it as much as I thought I would. I'll wait until I see the rest of the identity to pass judgement, but to this point, I at least give 'em points for originality.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well Goth explained why it's not on the Buffaslug's level.

As for why I like this? Low expectations going in has a lot to do with it. Honestly, I thought the Marlin was going to be something like this:

50352_43894457978_6307798_n.jpg

So with that in mind the marlin they went with isn't half bad.

As for the colours, well they are kind of Oklahoma City Thunder-ish, but I like the Thunder's colour scheme to be honest. Lighter blue (not quite powder blue, more like a light royal) and orange go great together, and when you mix it with yellow/athletic gold you have a colour scheme that screams "Miami." The black allows for the colours to pop, giving a relatively light colour scheme a dark background to play off of.

That's why I like it, at any rate.

I feel like they should've gone with a more Art Deco or Art Moderne font than Century Gothic Bold, which is just the poor man's Avant Garde. If it's indeed just arched black type on the uniforms, that's going to look pretty Word Arty.

Overall, I like that they're taking sort of a risk with this. Generally, I'm a traditionalist, but I feel like a league should have its minimalism (Yankees, Tigers), established novelties (Cardinals, Braves), and out-of-the-box ideas (once the Astros and Devil Rays, apparently now the Marlins). There's room for everything.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I found this what i believe to be the NEW Marlins logo and what not... Wondering if anybody has the logo slick or style guide from the MLB, i'm sure somebody has access to that site...

2012FloridaMarlinslogo.jpg

The Buffaslug has taken it's talents to South Beach.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't see South Florida in this at all, mostly because of all the black. If you're going to overhaul don't keep a 90% black scheme and dash in a handful of tropical colors. I'm hoping the uniforms are a lot more vibrant.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The logo's better than I thought based on the negative reaction I got from Showtime. So since black will still be a major color in the uniform and will likely be the alternate jersey, which secondary color is more prominent on the whites and grays...the blue or the orange?

The logo's better than I thought based on the negative reaction I got from Showtime. So since black will still be a major color in the uniform and will likely be the alternate jersey, which secondary color is more prominent on the whites and grays...the blue or the orange?

I'm willing to bet the black becomes a full-time home AND road jersey. Just because.

Archived