New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

MM_Ballpark_RGB-420x522.jpg

Is that font similar to the workmark on the jersey? I remember someone mentioned it was very plain.

Yes.

The wordmark wouldnt happen to be that, but arched, with the M having a rainbow colored (like the ballpark logo) Marlin jumping behind it (like it currently jumps behind the F), with the main color of the uniform set being a bright orange, now would it? ;)

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and that might just be the post we were waiting for.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is that font similar to the workmark on the jersey? I remember someone mentioned it was very plain.

Yes.

The wordmark wouldnt happen to be that, but arched, with the M having a rainbow colored (like the ballpark logo) Marlin jumping behind it (like it currently jumps behind the F), with the main color of the uniform set being a bright orange, now would it? ;)

That description is a lot closer than people think. Much of it is true. Stop focusing so much on the team name, though -- the new identity is much more centered on the location.

Yes.

That description is a lot closer than people think. Much of it is true. Stop focusing so much on the team name, though -- the new identity is much more centered on the location.

Does that mean they are wearing MIAMI on all jerseys? After two years of only wearing MARLINS? I hope not.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes.

Ok because I may or may not have caught a glimpse of concept jersey, hence the loose interpretation of the wordmark. Are they pulling a Rangers and putting the location name on all of the jerseys?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

So basically that's it only with Miami instead of marlins?

Also I don't think this would be crossing the line, do any of the jerseys say marlins on them.

Is their more than one hat and is the logo similar to the BP hat with the M and the marlin only with the new colors and rainbow fin?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

marlins2012a-1.png

I actually really like that. It's unconventional, but come on, it's the 2010s for crying out loud! It's about time for some unconventionality!

That doesn't sound so bad.... right?

If orange is the main color I think I will like them. If it's black, probably not.

Agreed 100%. If they wear black caps, I will like it significantly less. If they wear orange caps, I automatically bump them up a letter grade. No team has worn orange caps since the early 80s, and why not? Orange is such a great color! Too many black teams already.

Also, it seems like I'm gonna be let down here, but if they pull a Texas Rangers, and wear "Miami" instead of "Marlins" on the home unis, then that's just dumb.

Also, it seems like I'm gonna be let down here, but if they pull a Texas Rangers, and wear "Miami" instead of "Marlins" on the home unis, then that's just dumb.

I could understand the team using Miami on both uniforms for a season or two to help establish the "new" location.

Is anyone else having visions of creamsicle away uniforms?

:blink:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived