New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to see the style guide last week-- Obviously this is an issue of opinion: I don't think they're as bad as people are making them out to be. Yes, it's not the New York Yankees-- but it's certainly not the 1998 Tampa Bay Devil Rays set either.

I am starting to really get the feeling that this is so negatively over-hyped that it won't be as bad as I thought once I actually view it. I know when I go into a movie with really low expectations I sometimes find myself pleasantly surprised.

^that's pretty much where my head's at at this point.

but Loria signed off on that monstrosity of a home run celebration display for the new park, so who knows?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2MmD-mKH4 )

the anticipation is driving us Marlins fans absolutely insane. can someone please screen cap the style guide for Pete's sake? I'll paypal you some money or something.

^that's pretty much where my head's at at this point.

but Loria signed off on that monstrosity of a home run celebration display for the new park, so who knows?

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2MmD-mKH4 )

the anticipation is driving us Marlins fans absolutely insane. can someone please screen cap the style guide for Pete's sake? I'll paypal you some money or something.

Honestly, that home run display is not bad. It's actually pretty cool and I heard it will have laser lights.

bSLCtu2.png

Well I raise this question then. What else could he be talking about. NBA's season is not going to happen, NHL we know most of it. NFL's season just started and Nike prob doesnt have any designs finalized.

Lukas doesn't deal in leaks, so forget the Nike stuff. He's a fan of history, and considering that one of the most recent columsn he wrote was concerning the Confederate flag on a Yanks' 1960 minor league team's jerseys, you should probably think it's more of a topic like this. It's almost certainly some historical find.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Wait - was PL seriously referred to as "Uni-Douche"? That's completely uncalled for. I disagree with many of his opinions and his overall tastes, but his blog provides a very valuable service (for free) to us, is very well written, has useful comments (much more so than other blogs anyway), and through his various connections throughout the leagues, he's able to give us an insight into many uniform decisions that get made that we otherwise would just be sitting on here speculating about. I've been a reader of Uni Watch since the Village Voice days, and while my own opinions of design and uniforms have evolved since then, I still look forward to reading his articles whenever they're posted, and I still check out the blog whenever I can. Plus, I've met Paul, and felt that he was a really genuine and good guy.

He can fly off the handle and be kind of abrasive when it comes to certain topics, and I understand why some people get turned off by his occasional political commentary and what seems to be constant attacks against Nike (though I don't really see it that way), but when you step back and think about what the blog is and what it's for, I don't see how you can be upset to a point where you'd say or do anything other than simply not reading it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was able to see the style guide last week-- Obviously this is an issue of opinion: I don't think they're as bad as people are making them out to be. Yes, it's not the New York Yankees-- but it's certainly not the 1998 Tampa Bay Devil Rays set either.

I am starting to really get the feeling that this is so negatively over-hyped that it won't be as bad as I thought once I actually view it. I know when I go into a movie with really low expectations I sometimes find myself pleasantly surprised.

Perception is everything. I was expecting to see a really solid set before I viewed the guide, and since my bar was set so high, I was extremely disappointed. It's all in how much you're expecting, I guess.

Wait - was PL seriously referred to as "Uni-Douche"? That's completely uncalled for. I disagree with many of his opinions and his overall tastes, but his blog provides a very valuable service (for free) to us, is very well written, has useful comments (much more so than other blogs anyway), and through his various connections throughout the leagues, he's able to give us an insight into many uniform decisions that get made that we otherwise would just be sitting on here speculating about. I've been a reader of Uni Watch since the Village Voice days, and while my own opinions of design and uniforms have evolved since then, I still look forward to reading his articles whenever they're posted, and I still check out the blog whenever I can. Plus, I've met Paul, and felt that he was a really genuine and good guy.

He can fly off the handle and be kind of abrasive when it comes to certain topics, and I understand why some people get turned off by his occasional political commentary and what seems to be constant attacks against Nike (though I don't really see it that way), but when you step back and think about what the blog is and what it's for, I don't see how you can be upset to a point where you'd say or do anything other than simply not reading it.

So he's basically a douche but we shouldn't call him that.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Is it a color bomb, or is there one or two colors that are pretty dominant?

So he's basically a douche but we shouldn't call him that.

No, not really. Stay classy though.

It just occurred to me that years ago *I* had access to the MLB style guide website, but that I lost the URL (and probably forgot my login creds). Anyone have the URL? Assuming my creds are still valid (if I even remember them), I could weigh in with my opinion as well.

It's actually not posted on the online style guide yet.

Seconded. Completely uncalled for, and seems a bit jealous, no? I mean, the guy essentially gets paid to write a column for ESPN about stuff which we expound upon daily for free. I've also had the good fortune to spend a full,long day with Paul (took him to his first big-time college game, in fact) and I can confirm that he is a stand-up, genuine, regular guy.

No need for juvenile name-calling.

It is what it is.

Archived