2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please stop hearing about your idiotic dislike of anything on the East Coast?

I don't dislike everything on the East Coast. I do dislike the sports media's love for all things New York and Boston-related.

Yeah coz LA gets a tough time from hacks!!! And San Fran.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

See you in court.

/GETCHUR POLITIKS OUTTA MAH FOOTBAW!!!!!!!!!11111one :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

See you in court.

/GETCHUR POLITIKS OUTTA MAH FOOTBAW!!!!!!!!!11111one :rolleyes:

It's going to be ugly. Although I am in favor of Aaron Rodgers joining his union brothers in Wisconsin. That'd be a sight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can we please stop hearing about "the classy Patriot Way" from the media now?

I don't think I've read about the "classy Patriot way". Where has that been referred to?

Can we please stop hearing about your idiotic dislike of anything on the East Coast? When you grow up, you'll realize how annoying people like you are.

Amen.

So... Football offseason stuff.

It'll intersting to see thus unfold from an HR standpoint. I hope the decertifying of the union works out

What do you mean?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

(Sorry for the iPhone typos)

Hopefully the de-certification prevents a lockout, since it's technically illegal to ban de-unionized players.

I'd have to read up on my human resource law to go into any more detail, but the courts may force owners to continue operations while the negotiations continue.

Even thinking about this from an owners' standpoint, what is the logic of fighting over two extra games when it could cost them revenue from 16 games now (not including playoffs)?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

(Sorry for the iPhone typos)

Hopefully the de-certification prevents a lockout, since it's technically illegal to ban de-unionized players.

I'd have to read up on my human resource law to go into any more detail, but the courts may force owners to continue operations while the negotiations continue.

Even thinking about this from an owners' standpoint, what is the logic of fighting over two extra games when it could cost them revenue from 16 games now (not including playoffs)?

Not sure about locking out non-union players, however, without a union, the owners are free to make the rules whatever they want now, which would force the players to (probably re-certify and) walk out, so it's a wash either way.

There's more to this than the two extra games. Do you really think it's that simple? Not sure how they could force them to "continue operations" when they have no idea what kind of contract terms they're allowed to offer considering that's one of the things that's in dispute.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know that the whole labor dispute is about more than a 16-game vs. 18-game schedule. In fact, last offer I thought the owners made included a 16-game schedule. That just happened to be the one sticking point I remembered when I posted.

Didn't some players (Manning, Brady, etc.) sue the owners now for locking out de-unionized players? Washington Post wrote Friday that "Decertifying the NFL Players Association enabled the players to file antitrust litigation against the owners..."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I know that the whole labor dispute is about more than a 16-game vs. 18-game schedule. In fact, last offer I thought the owners made included a 16-game schedule. That just happened to be the one sticking point I remembered when I posted.

Didn't some players (Manning, Brady, etc.) sue the owners now for locking out de-unionized players? Washington Post wrote Friday that "Decertifying the NFL Players Association enabled the players to file antitrust litigation against the owners..."

I'm pretty sure those are two different things, especially considering that the lawsuit was technically filed before there was any lockout. I think the suit is more that they conspired against the players to control salaries and player movement, and stockpiled money to endure a lockout, proving that they fully intended the entire time not to bargain in "good faith" because they know that they have the resources to outlast the union and make them eventually accept almost anything.

How much money does Adrian Peterson make again? Like, $11 million per year?

... it's exactly like slavery. :rolleyes:

I tend to side with the players, but in this case... not so much. He has a choice. He doesn't have to play professional football if it's so bad. He could get a job straightening up clothes at Target if he really wants to.

IUe6Hvh.png

No one should ever call paid work slavery (especially millionaire NFL players), but he is making a larger point: lots of American workers are making less while lots of American owners are making more.

It's a valid point that I'm happy to be see made by someone outside of the usual liberal intelligensia.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived