Teams with one logo?

KJHillis

Chicago Bulls? No secondaries. Same primary. One logo ever on the court and unis.

The only other version I've seen is the "snorting" version of the same logo with "Windy City" but I never heard of it being used in any official capacity. In fact, the first time I saw it a few years ago I thought it was a fauxback.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching NHL highlights and the Blues came up and they were walking throught their tunnel which was covered with their famous blue note. I could not think of any other logo or even wordmark associated with the team and sure enough CC agrees.

Are there any other teams like this? I went to Clemson briefly and i thought they overused the paw a lot for the football team.

We don't need to go historical; the Blues have a secondary logo right now:

Reebok%20St.%20Louis%20Blues%2074%20OSHIE%20Third%20Jersey172627.jpg

I was watching NHL highlights and the Blues came up and they were walking throught their tunnel which was covered with their famous blue note. I could not think of any other logo or even wordmark associated with the team and sure enough CC agrees.

Are there any other teams like this? I went to Clemson briefly and i thought they overused the paw a lot for the football team.

Then your current one-logo NHL teams are Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, Islanders, Rangers, and Philadelphia

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

In the NHL, the New Jersey Devils are the team that has done the least in terms of different logos through history. They had a special version during inaguration, but it was never used. Therefore, it doesn't count. Besides recoloring the circle and the NJ contour from green to black, it all ends there. No secondaries, no tertiaries, nothing.

The Chigago Bulls might be the overall winner. Only one logo ever, the only variations are one with script, one without. Unless one particular team has slipped from my mind, I don't think anyone has done less than the Bulls.

Then your current one-logo NHL teams are Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal, New Jersey, Islanders, Rangers, and Philadelphia

Technically, I'm almost positive the B/sword logo (and possibly even the slug) is still an official alternate logo, even though it isn't on the uniforms.

As previously stated, the Flyers use 2 versions of the winged-P.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As previously stated, the Flyers use 2 versions of the winged-P.

The Blues also have two versions of the note. One is royal, the other is navy.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

NFL: Houston Texans

NBA: Pacers, I believe

NCAA: actually, Oregon comes to mind. They only use one logo, I believe.

Currently, the Pacers only use one logo, but they have changed it three times.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Indiana University only removed the drop shadow from their logo.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If this counts as separate logos, then Oregon has more than one logo as well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I figured Oregon was out on account of the O logo and the Duck mascot which gets used interchangeably.

NFL: Houston Texans

NBA: Pacers, I believe

NCAA: actually, Oregon comes to mind. They only use one logo, I believe.

Currently, the Pacers only use one logo, but they have changed it three times.

Indiana Pacers Primary Logo (2005-2006 through present):

IndianaPacers_PML1_2006-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Partial Logo (2005-2006 through present):

IndianaPacers_PAL1_2006-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Secondary Logo (2005-2006 through present):

IndianaPacers_SEL1_2006-9999_SOL_SRGB.png

I could go on, but the point is that most teams/schools use multiple logos and/or multiple variants of different logos.

Even the Detroit Red Wings have a primary logo and a wordmark.

I figured Oregon was out on account of the O logo and the Duck mascot which gets used interchangeably.

True, but if you count two different color versions of the Blues' logo as separate, then Oregon has three because of the color variations.

Also, can't you count wordmarks?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

True, but if you count two different color versions of the Blues' logo as separate, then Oregon has three because of the color variations.

Also, can't you count wordmarks?

And I guess since we're talking about Oregon the entity, then we have to acknowledge that the Football team has the silver/gray O with wings around it which is only used there while the Baseball team has a script font which no one else uses.

The football team used an awful red/black IU oval in the late 90's/early 2000's. As far as I know- famous last words on this board :)- the university and basketball team have consistently used the interlocking IU with only minor changes (i.e. drop shadow, color shades).

The football team used an awful red/black IU oval in the late 90's/early 2000's. As far as I know- famous last words on this board :)- the university and basketball team have consistently used the interlocking IU with only minor changes (i.e. drop shadow, color shades).

Indiana also used just a plain I on the football helmets in the mid-2000s. Texans and Redwings are the only teams that come to mind unless we are counting wordmarks

maehl.png

Archived