Teams with one logo?

KJHillis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could argue that the Browns have used the same "logo" since their creation.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Really. If there's a "big 4" team that has had one and only one logo for its entire history, I'll eat a hat with that logo on it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Texans have an "HT" alt logo.

Red Wings have had a ridiculous number of logos. Are we counting the D as an alt?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

What? Not really. What about the dog and the elf guy? And the "B on a football" thing?

Elf guy isn't an official logo. That was developed by the Plain Dealer. Dog's a logo for the Dawg Pound. The Football "B" isn't really in use. (Too bad, though. I like it.)

As far as I know, the helmet logo is the only "official" logo the brownies have.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

The Browns have used the Dawg for merch, the B as an alternate, and the elf has had a long history with the team's old successful days. The Browns didn't even have a logo until they had to use one and they used the helmet.

Between the different secondary logos and the fact that the helmet was changed multiple times to fit the times/face-mask color I'd say the Browns don't count for this.

What? Not really. What about the dog and the elf guy? And the "B on a football" thing?

Elf guy isn't an official logo. That was developed by the Plain Dealer. Dog's a logo for the Dawg Pound. The Football "B" isn't really in use. (Too bad, though. I like it.)

As far as I know, the helmet logo is the only "official" logo the brownies have.

According to the "mothership", the Elf logo was the team's primary logo for decades. The football "B" was created less than 10 years ago and is still listed on this site. Maybe they don't "use" it, but I don't think that means it's not/was not an "official" logo of theirs.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It might be better to make a list of teams who have had only one "look", which would include slight variations of logos / stripes, and not factor in secondary logos unless they appear prominently on the jersey.

Or teams with only one "primary" logo, regardless of secondaries (unless cases like the NBA where secondaries are essentially primaries.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Browns have the largest number of logos and wordmarks than pretty much any other team in sports. You should see the size of their style guide.

The Brownie Elf most certainly IS an official mark; it's part of their "Vintage" marks which includes one other logo - "Cleveland Browns" in cursive script on either side of a football.

Football "B" logo and the Dog logo are still active.

What about the 49ers, Raiders, Steelers, or Arizona Cardinals for one logo? I'm sure there's even more out there, but that's just off the top of my head.

I can think of mascot alternate logos for all but the Raiders, and they have had several versions of their primary. If we're including throughout their history, then no Big 4 teams would qualify.

What about the 49ers, Raiders, Steelers, or Arizona Cardinals for one logo? I'm sure there's even more out there, but that's just off the top of my head.

Oval SF logo has undergone some changes throughout its history.

Also:

49ers+Vintage+Logo.gif

Possibly the greatest logo in the history of professional sports:

l_a83acd896c1a44b8a4688a47bdc04ecb.png

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Really. If there's a "big 4" team that has had one and only one logo for its entire history, I'll eat a hat with that logo on it.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=255 New Orleans Jazz

Now eat up

No because the Utah Jazz are the same team just relocated. Therefore the logos with the mountains (unfortunately including the hideous new one) count.

OpBlHTc.png

cvovCn9.png

dbhfvu5-d7bc8ac6-699c-488b-9a0b-bbe95483

The Browns have the largest number of logos and wordmarks than pretty much any other team in sports. You should see the size of their style guide.

The Brownie Elf most certainly IS an official mark; it's part of their "Vintage" marks which includes one other logo - "Cleveland Browns" in cursive script on either side of a football.

Football "B" logo and the Dog logo are still active.

That's really ironic because they have kept the same identity for essentially their entire franchise history.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Archived