Super Bowl XLV Field Concepts

Cuse2000

I've created concepts for all four potential Super Bowl matchups. I stuck with the end zone format the NFL's used for the past few years, but I went ahead and put the new Super Bowl logo that the league's so proud of at the 50, relegating the NFL logos to the 25's.

SuperBowlXLV_Bears-Jets.jpg

SuperBowlXLV_Bears-Steelers.jpg

SuperBowlXLV_Packers-Jets.jpg

SuperBowlXLV_Packers-Steelers.jpg

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just my gut opinion, but I have a feeling that if the Packers & Jets make it to the game, we may not see matching color endzones. I know that we saw the double navy blue in XXXVI with Pats-Rams, but I bet we see the Pack endzone in gold.

Excellent. This is EXACTLY what the NFL needs to do, for all Super Bowl's really: team logo, team script, conference logo. Perfect.

The only thing I don't like about it is that God awful Super Bowl logo at the 50 yard line. But of course, that's not your fault. :)

Should one of the NFL logos be flipped? For the other side of the field? I'm not saying it should, just was curious...

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Nice work.

I miss the say of the endzone helmets. One side being the team's helmet, and the opposoite helmet sporting the team's conference. Maybe modernize it (ala my sig), but I really wish they'd go back to that.

SuperBowlXVField.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Should one of the NFL logos be flipped? For the other side of the field? I'm not saying it should, just was curious...

No, he's got 'em right. As you can see here:

sb_field.png

I know the NFL and Super Bowl logos are switched, but that's beside the point.

Nice work. My hope is, some day, that someone with much more talent than I will ever have would create all 44, soon to be 45 fields.

I've thought about doing this, but the research is the biggest stumbling block. Short of sitting through the Super Bowl weekend marathon of highlights from NFL films (as enticing as that sounds, I'm not sure my wife would appreciate it as much), it's difficult to find images of each field.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Here's an image from Super Bowl XXX.

The endzone did have the helmets, with the Super Bowl logos at the 30s, and the NFL shield at midfield.

SB1996.png

This is the first Super Bowl to have the more modern facemask. The year after this is when they started putting the helmets on the 35's. The helmets returned to the End Zone for the Patriots 2nd and 3rd victories in 2004 and 2005 (XXXIII and XXXIX.)

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Excellent. This is EXACTLY what the NFL needs to do, for all Super Bowl's really: team logo, team script, conference logo. Perfect.

The only thing I don't like about it is that God awful Super Bowl logo at the 50 yard line. But of course, that's not your fault. :)

The NFL does do the team logo, script, and conference logo though....and over the past years the Super Bowl logo has been at the 35 yard line and the NFL logo at midfield.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

The NFL does do the team logo, script, and conference logo though....and over the past years the Super Bowl logo has been at the 35 yard line and the NFL logo at midfield.

The last time logos were at the 35 were the Patriots and Rams helmets in Super Bowl XXXVI. The helmets for the Bucs and Raiders moved to the 25 the following year and logos have been painted there ever since.

Yes, the NFL shield has been at the 50 since the Panthers-Patriots game in Super Bowl XXXVIII, however I put this years Super Bowl logo at the 50 for two reasons. First, the vertical nature of the logo didn't lend itself well to being at the 25. To keep it between the hashmarks, the logo would have been much smaller than the 10-yards-wide that they've always been. More importantly, however, is that the NFL has a habit of putting milestone Super Bowl logos at the 50.

Remember, the Giants-Bills Super Bowl, which took place in the middle of the classic 2-bar-helmet in the end zone era, had the Super Bowl XXV logo at midfield and the shields moved out to the 35's. I think with the debut of the new logo system, the league might take the opportunity to showcase the logo at the 50.

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The NFL only seems to use dark endzones now. The only team that still seems to get the light-colored endzone for the Super Bowl is Pittsburgh. If the Packers make it, the endzone will be green.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The NFL only seems to use dark endzones now. The only team that still seems to get the light-colored endzone for the Super Bowl is Pittsburgh. If the Packers make it, the endzone will be green.

Saints.

Edit: Dont know how I didnt see the above...

...and everyone was surprised as hell the Saints had an Old Gold endzone. Looking at the recent history of Super Bowl Endzones, the Packers endzone, should they make it, will be green.

The Bears endzone in XX was orange. In XLI it was navy. The Giants endzone in XXI and XXV were red. In XXXV and XLII they were blue. There is a trend here to have the endzones at the Super Bowl be darker colors. The Steelers are still given the athletic gold, and the Saints apparently will have their old gold endzone should they ever return.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I believe the Packers endzone paint to be up in the air (should they beat Chicago today).

For whatever reason, I just don't see both endzones being the same color. If the Steelers advnace out of the AFC, the Steelers will have yellow GOLD, and the Packers' will be green. If the Jets win, the Jets will obviously use green, and the Packers go yellow.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived