Raiders logo

Chazberg

Coinciding with my Pro Combat roundup, which is currently stuck in the AFC west, I'm trying to revamp the Raiders' iconic logo a bit, just because it bothers me how sloppily drawn it is. The guy's got his one good eye closed for God's sake, how can he see?? So here's what I've got so far, lemme know what you think. I'm still working on the swords...

raiderslogo.jpg

To be honest with you, the face looks like you ran the current logo through vector magic and it didn't really work out that well, that said the rest of the logo is fine

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

For me, the thing about the helmet is the chin straps. In the real version, the two sides of the chin strap come together below his chin in a very controlled way almost framing his face above. I dont think that made sense so let me rephrase it. Imagine the whole head/helmet to be the shape of an oval or egg positioned upward. In the real logo the chinstraps round out the bottom of the egg, but in yours, the chin straps are sticking out more disprupting the flow of the head. That might seem minor, but to me what makes a nice logo isnt just the objects, but how the objects form shapes and stay consistent.

Archived