2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen him pitch against the Yanks a number of times and I've never really noticed it until now, but Mark Buehrle has to be the fastest working MLB pitcher I've ever seen.

Have you ever seen Roy Halladay pitch? The man is a machine...he's pitched a few sub 2 hour games when he was with the Blue Jays.

1zqy8ok.gif

Way to go Frankie! Hopefully the woeful Twins can use this as the start of a turnaround.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Carlos Pena currently has a .157 batting average with no home runs and 24 strikeouts. I didn't think it was possible for him to do worse at the plate than he did last year, but he's sure trying.

EDIT: And of course he hits his first home run the night I type this.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Congrats to Liriano! way to keep your spot in the rotation...and saving my fantasy team!

Makes me look like a flat out idiot for dropping him...

He obviously got points today, but he didn't have a good game at all. 66 of 123 pitches were balls. Many more were outside of the zone but the Sox hitters chased them, eager to pull the ball 500 feet. And it wasn't like he was "effectively wild" because he didn't have his best stuff today. Against almost any other team, he would have been pulled in the 4th after walking 8 guys and giving up a bunch of runs. Luckily for him, he was facing something which doesn't even vaguely resemble a major league offense at this point. Before anyone claims I am a bitter Sox fan, I would like to ask if Twins fans had a different impression of Liriano today. It wasn't him, it was the Sox, who a week ago in Detroit saw all three Tigers starters take no hitters into the 6th inning. It was only a matter of time before they got no-hit. Good for Liriano to get the stat, but I wouldn't take this to mean that he has turned it around or anything.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived