2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

The Reds and Indians both lost tonight. Okay, not that weird. Here's what's weird: Both teams led in the game before giving up the lead in the 8th inning. Both teams tied the game with home runs in the top of the 9th. Both teams lost in the bottom of the 9th on a walkoff home run. Both lost to expansion teams that began in 1998, in roofed stadiums. That's a little weird.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vernon Wells as of late has been, well, what Angels' fans were hoping for. It's about :censored: time, Vern. 4-5 with a HR tonight, raising the average to a still dismal .219.

And coinciding with that, the Nats are now 0-2 under Davey Johnson, after giving up 11 runs tonight.

It will be interesting if this team goes into some sort of tailspin under Johnson, after winning 12 of 13 (or whatever it was) right before Rigs' resignation.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Why does a domed stadium (albeit, retractable roof) need a tarp?

Seems odd that Safeco Field has a tarp...

Theirs is more a covering rather than an enclosed building like Houston and Milwaukee, right? Maybe rain could blow in from the sides? Either way, at least conceptually, it's my favorite of any of the retractable roof parks, because it seems like a real baseball stadium that just happens to have a cover that can be rolled over it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why does a domed stadium (albeit, retractable roof) need a tarp?

Seems odd that Safeco Field has a tarp...

Maybe it's there in case there is a downpour (which obviously isn't uncommon in that area) and the roof malfunctions i.e. can't be closed.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Dont scare me like that again Yessir

Haha would you like to see David Wright?

If you send Inge, Austin Jackson and Porcello or Schlereth in return

Not Jackson, his future is too good.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Then you're not getting Reyes. You've gotta realize that to get a top player, you have to give up top prospects...

6fQjS3M.png

Then you're not getting Reyes. You've gotta realize that to get a top player, you have to give up top prospects...

Victor Zambrano should do.

With Derek Jeter closing in on 3,000 hits, this hasn't caught on yet.

Mariano Rivera is just 21 saves short of 600. 22 short of matching Trevor Hoffmann for most saves all time, 23 short for passing him.

Through 78 games he has 21 saves. 84 to go.. it could be done this season.

Archived