2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yanks got lit up like a Christmas Tree tonight.

Good to see that all that rest really helped Jeter out. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Accusations of stealing signs? What, did Tony La Russa take over the Yankees when I wasn't looking?

Could he? Please?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

#1 - The Braves picked up their 10,000th win in franchise history tonight with an 11-1 victory over the Nats. To paraphrase Tim Hudson, "I'm sure the Beaneaters are smiling tonight."

#2 - The :censored: ing Pirates are in 1st place.

So after the last 9 games, I'm fairly confident in saying the Rangers will not lose again this season... and it's very likely they will not give up a run in that span.

Hate to burst that bubble, but the last two games were against the offensively hapless M's. A Triple-A team that can hit can likely beat the Mariners with the piss poor offense they have.

Texas will lose again... Come to think of it, since they play Anaheim next, I bet you they'll lose on Tuesday.

CC Sabathia with his career 170th win. Probably the only active player with a decent shot at 300 wins.

Your probably right. Even if Halladay averages 15 wins per until he's 40 he'll still be around 20 wins short. Among the established top Pitchers in the game CC is about the only one.

Halladay 17-9 is his average per season, should finish his career with about 275 wins lets say. If he plays till he's 40, CC is on a good clip to hit 300.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

CC Sabathia with his career 170th win. Probably the only active player with a decent shot at 300 wins.

Just goes to show how consistent the Yankees offense has been the past few years.

Yankee ofense helps, but he hasn't need much help. Especially lately. 2 earned runs giving up in his last 5 starts.

In 2009 I went to a Yankee-Red Sox Game and sat amongst the Bleacher Creatures behind the Yankees bullpen. I saw CC up close he allowed one hit that day, but I saw him close. CC Sabathia is not fat he is big boned, and this is coming from a man who has more chins than Chinatown. He is built like a NFL line backer or NBA Power Forward-Center. He is huge he is 6'9" and he is built like an oak tree. He may break down but I think its not for several years and if he keeps it up he may get close to 300 but will for sure be a Hall of Famer.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I understand why CC's weight is always brought him, he's a enormous man, but he's been consistently one of the most durable pitchers in the game.

It's just that historically very few fat ballplayers have aged well.

For the same reason, I'd be afraid as a GM to offer Fielder a large contract.

They just typically fall off a cliff at a younger age compared to their more svelte compatriots.

#1 - The Braves picked up their 10,000th win in franchise history tonight with an 11-1 victory over the Nats. To paraphrase Tim Hudson, "I'm sure the Beaneaters are smiling tonight."

#2 - The :censored: ing Pirates are in 1st place.

Well... I CANT BELIEVE the Bucs are in first at this time of the year. I do the reverse Pennant race. In the past umpteen years they were in last place or near at the AllStar break. I would wait till they clinched last and move on. Looks better this year! GO PIRATES!!!!!!

Archived