Anaheim Kings

Lights Out

anaheimkings.png

kings1.png

kings2.png

kings3.png

If the Kings end up moving to Anaheim, they will have to ditch purple so as to not conflict with the Lakers. They will also be unable to bring back their old red, white, and blue colors because then they'd look like the Clippers. This posed a challenge when I was thinking of what color scheme to use, until I realized how awesome the Wizards' black-and-gold uniforms look, which will probably be axed when the Wizards switch back to Bullets colors. I decided to use that color scheme, update the classic Kings logo, and introduce brand new uniforms that are based on these beauties they used to wear. Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think this idea has potential. I also thought it'd be a Ducks/Kings hockey mix.

Having the crown thing on top (athough it always has looked like mountains to me more than a crown) and the crown dotting the I seems redundant. and to be consistent with your lines, the ball should have a black outline too. try thicker lines throughout the whole logo.

on the jerseys, the number font doesnt seem to match the KINGS word font, but I do like the #s above the name. It's rarely done now days like that.

While I was also thinking black and gold would be a good switch for them, these uniforms just look too close to their previous gold alts, that weren't really all that great. You have the wordmarks up too high on the jersey for the number to work above them. Plus having them arched just makes it even more awkward. To pull off the number on top, which I personally think is best left in the past, the wordmarks need to be a little lower and not arched/arced. I think silver and gold can work together, but one needs to be the more dominant of the two with the other being an accent. Think primarily black and gold with just a touch of silver, maybe as outlining/piping trim only.

The crown element worked for Sacramento because it's in a hilly/mountainous region of the state. I don't think that for Anaheim...it's like keeping the Fleur-De-Lis if the Hornets moved to Salt Lake City (for example).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, the gold and silver are too faded to really make this concept pop, as most of yours do. I like what you were attempting to do, but honestly the number font doesn't work and with the crown of the logo and right above the player's name not matching, it really drags this concept down. If they do move to Anaheim, they would probably recolor their logo to match the Ducks' color scheme (meaning no silver, but some orange, since it is Orange County) and keep their current logo, simply switching "Anaheim" for "Sacramento." So with that being said, I don't see this concept working overall, but I do like the actual jersey design you went with.

A couple things that stick out to me

- The crown in the logo and the crown in the wordmark being completely different is really bugging me. There is no need for two different crowns in the same identity.

- The jaggedness of the G really clashes with the curves of the basketball in the logo when they meet.

- I'd move the numbers on the front to under the wordmark, right now they look crowded.

- The shades of silver and gold don't work all that well together, especially when put next to each other on the black jersey.

- The way you have your short stripe displayed is off. On the side detail you have a swoosh type of stripe while on the back and front views you have it looking like a bubble stripe like two parenthesis put together. ()

jNTsTyQ.png

While I was also thinking black and gold would be a good switch for them, these uniforms just look too close to their previous gold alts, that weren't really all that great. You have the wordmarks up too high on the jersey for the number to work above them. Plus having them arched just makes it even more awkward. To pull off the number on top, which I personally think is best left in the past, the wordmarks need to be a little lower and not arched/arced. I think silver and gold can work together, but one needs to be the more dominant of the two with the other being an accent. Think primarily black and gold with just a touch of silver, maybe as outlining/piping trim only.

I've only seen a handful of NBA games, but I once saw the Kings play in their shiny gold uniforms (in Seattle against the Sonics in 2005) ... and they were AWFUL!

I don't see this Kings to Anaheim making much sense ... but it isn't my money, it's the Maloofs, and I guess if they think it makes sense, then more power to them!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Although there is no way they should keep the Kings nickname, that close to the LA market, this concept is pretty good. All in all, good work.

This. They have to rebrand you'd think. Just wonder to what...

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Although there is no way they should keep the Kings nickname, that close to the LA market, this concept is pretty good. All in all, good work.

Back to the Royals...they only changed the name because of their KC move.

bYhYmxh.png

Back to the Royals...they only changed the name because of their KC move.

Why go from a duplicated name to another duplicated name? In your past or not, either stick with what you are or switch to something else not used in the major-4.

I like everything about this except for the shorts. I think the swoosh thing needs to be on both sides and it looks awkward just stopping at the top of the shorts. I'd try to find a better way to mimick the sleeve striping. I also think it would be cool if you took the Ducks sash thing and put it on the jersey and extending to the shorts. Kinda like what the trailblazers have.

maehl.png

Archived