NHL alignment (with defunct teams)

Tygers09

I looked at all the teams in the history of the NHL and took a look at the current divisions. If you look at the divisions and the defunct teams, one defunct team fit perfectly in their respective division (example: Quebec Nordiques to the Northeast Conference). The only exception is the Central Division where Nashville would move to the Southeast Division and the Eastern Conference; both Cleveland and Kansas City would be in the Central Division.

Cleveland and Columbus could be a possible red flag but if the New York metropolitian area can have 3 teams close to each other, if shouldn't really matter.

NOTE: Atlanta Flames,Minnesota North Stars and the Colorado Rockies are not considered in this concept because these teams have relocated and newer franchises take their place.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEST:

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Ottawa

Quebec

Toronto

ATLANTIC:

Hartford

New Jersey

NY Islanders

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

SOUTHEAST:

Atlanta

Carolina

Florida

Nashville

Tampa Bay

Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE

CENTRAL DIVISION:

Chicago

Cleveland

Columbus

Detroit

Kansas City

St. Louis

NORTHWEST:

Calgary

Colorado

Edmonton

Minnesota

Vancouver

Winnipeg

PACIFIC:

Anaheim

Dallas

Los Angeles

Oakland/California

Phoenix

San Jose

I think this belongs in the Pointless Realignment thread.

Ahhhh...it must be spring, when a young man's fancy turns from girls in angora sweaters to threads that, unless accompanied by actual concepts, should be placed in other more appropriate categories.

362c3-44789.this_thread_completely_useless_WITHOUT_IMAGES_1_.jpg

I can haz sig?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTHEST:

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

ATLANTIC:

Hartford

New Jersey

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

SOUTHEAST:

Atlanta

Carolina

Florida

Tampa Bay

Washington

WESTERN CONFERENCE

CENTRAL DIVISION:

Chicago

Cleveland

Detroit

Minnesota

St. Louis

NORTHWEST:

Calgary

Colorado

Edmonton

Vancouver

Winnipeg

SOUTHWEST:

Anaheim

Dallas

Los Angeles

Phoenix

San Jose

Fixed it for ya. Back down to 30 teams.

This gives Vancouver a way worse travel schedule, and they already have the worst in the league

Yes, that is clearly the biggest problem with this thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Realx all, I just posted this as if no teams folded... This is not a suggestion nor an expansion possability...

Thats cool, but KC Scouts were the Colorado Rockies, who are now the NJ Devils, so that doesn't work. Hartford is the Carolina, Quebec is Colorado Avalanche, and Winnipeg is Phoenix. None of those teams are defunct, just relocated... And NY can have two teams because its the largest metropolitan, I don't think Cleveland and Columbus could support two NHL teams.

2nd of all, what is the point of all this anyway on a logo community message board site?

Realx all, I just posted this as if no teams folded... This is not a suggestion nor an expansion possability...

I don't know how to "realx". Is it painful?

The reason we're berating this thread isn't the realignment, but the fact that you haven't posted a uniform or logo concept. Kinda the point of this forum, eh?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived