Mets St. Patrick Day Hats

njmeadowlanders

Wouldn't mind seeing the Mets come out with a blue cap with the regular Mr. Met head on it. I think it'd look awesome. Maybe they could make the button and bill orange as well.

I'm pretty sure under section 1.11 article (e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball so i don't think they are aloud to have their logo of mr.met on their hat since his head is a baseball. I'm a little confused on the official ruling since many teams have baseball shaped logo patches. offical rule though the blues old hat used too

3535rx3.jpg

The Mets will be trotting these out for St. Patrick's Day:

20110317-085230.jpg

"A" For effort...but oh dear lord is that creepy/scary/ugly...not Mr. Met's finest hour.

I like it, but I think the greens used in Mr. Met's hat need adjusting. The dark green is too close to the color of the actual baseball cap fabric, and the light green is way too dark. From a distance you're only going to see the bright green. Basically I just think the dark green needs lightening up a bit, so the shadows don't get lost in the background...or maybe add a black outline

Good idea, Mets.

For the Sabres Store, we just had a bunch of green things with green Sabres logos.

But this is a new twist and would like to see it more often.

Rather than just putting a shamrock on something green with a team logo.

bufg.png

Wouldn't mind seeing the Mets come out with a blue cap with the regular Mr. Met head on it. I think it'd look awesome. Maybe they could make the button and bill orange as well.

I'm pretty sure under section 1.11 article (e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball so i don't think they are aloud to have their logo of mr.met on their hat since his head is a baseball. I'm a little confused on the official ruling since many teams have baseball shaped logo patches. offical rule though the blues old hat used too

Mr. Met would be similar to Mr. Redlegs, would he not?

yceb9afrgbjrsybeu58jvwtlg.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

It would be fitting for them to look like a minor league or little league team, considering the way they play.

I thought that was relaxed at some point, because the Phillies weren't allowed to have the swirl in their P until '85 or '86. They always had it on the cap, but had a different version on their jersey. I always thought it was because the swirl could make it look a little like a baseball, which wasn't allowed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah if that's a rule there has to be leeway or clarifications. The Mets logo has baseball stitches and appeared on all their uniforms throughout their history with the exception being the racing-stripe era.

again im just going by whats stated in the official rulebook My link and again im just confused on the actually stating of it because i know teams like the mets brewers, giants have a patch and even seattle has an actual baseball above their m on their uniform. either its a new rule and doesn't apply to previous teams that have it grandfathered in or something else, i dont know.

3535rx3.jpg

Archived