NCAA Tournament Courts

raysox

Black baseline, blue script, NCAA logo in the middle

BORING.

Everyone talks about how there should be courts for each city that hosts a game. I was bored, and went at it. I tried to make courts, based on the arena, NBA team, college team, and city history. Here is the first 2011 set of courts.

2011.png

These look great. That Verizon Center one almost looks like it'd fit right in at McKale Center. :grin:

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I always thought that the court colors should match the colors of the #1 seated team. Or at least make the blue and white correspond to the 2 primary colors of the top seat.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I always thought that the court colors should match the colors of the #1 seated team. Or at least make the blue and white correspond to the 2 primary colors of the top seat.

seeded/seed, not seated/seat

Too many locations for this to work, unless you mean the courts will be the same at multiple locations (which I thought the OP was trying to avoid).

It's where I sit.

The only thing you really need to change is the Arizona logo on the Tuscon court...can't really have a college team's logo on what it supposed to be a "neutral" court, especially if the Wildcats end up playing there.

Nice designs otherwise...but the mountains could be axed for consistency's sake. None of the other courts have a design element like that.

I love the wood pattern on the Tulsa court.

87Redskins.png

The only thing you really need to change is the Arizona logo on the Tuscon court...can't really have a college team's logo on what it supposed to be a "neutral" court, especially if the Wildcats end up playing there.

Nice designs otherwise...but the mountains could be axed for consistency's sake. None of the other courts have a design element like that.

I love the wood pattern on the Tulsa court.

The real courts do have the logos of the sponsor school/conference, they're in the corner by the benches. And I dont think that teams allowed to play in their "home gym" I'm pretty sure last year Syracuse had to play in the west bracket because the East Regional was at the Carrier Dome andt eams are not allowed to play in their "home gym".

Exactly, Arizona cannot play tournament games in the McKale Center. And matching the court colors to the high seed would be wildly impracticable since seeding is determined only a week before, and of the 8 teams, two regionals can be represented at the first round sites. Raysox' idea is probably one of the better ways to do it, and is much better than the bland and boring uniform courts from this year.

Most of the courts look great, but the Arizona is sort of bland and lacks any of the character of the others. I think the mountains for Denver is a good idea, but I don't like how it turned out. Also, as someone else said it loses continuity with the other courts. If the mountains, or some other design could be integrated into the sidelines, like the courts for Cleveland and Charlotte, I think it could look much better. I also like having the city names being so prominently on the court. Another thing I disliked so much about the uniform courts was how it was more difficult figuring out where the game was being played than necessary.

Too many locations for this to work, unless you mean the courts will be the same at multiple locations (which I thought the OP was trying to avoid).

Seed/seeded/seat/seated People have used the terms, interchangeably. Either way, erroneous to the topic at hand.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Seed/seeded/seat/seated People have used the terms, interchangeably. Either way, erroneous to the topic at hand.

Really? Show me a use of seated/seat that isn't on a message board.

Either way, I added my comments regarding the OP so that I wasn't just picking on you.

It's where I sit.

Thanks for the positive comments. First thing, I knew that the court was the NBA template, and not NCAA, but I thought no one would mind, because it doesn't effect the rest of the design. Also, should I use the same font? Or use a city specific one?

Today, I will do the sweet 16/elite 8 ones. So thats Newark, Anaheim, New Orleans, and San Antonio.

Thanks for the positive comments. First thing, I knew that the court was the NBA template, and not NCAA, but I thought no one would mind, because it doesn't effect the rest of the design. Also, should I use the same font? Or use a city specific one?

Today, I will do the sweet 16/elite 8 ones. So thats Newark, Anaheim, New Orleans, and San Antonio.

The host cities have an official host school or a conference. The courts should utilize their colors as opposed to the colors of say the NBA tenant. The Bulls did not bid to host the tournament, the Big Ten did. Same with Denver, it was the Mountain West who were the hosts.

I like the idea of different colors, but I think trying to standardize the courts slightly more makes sense and is more realistic. The one thing you need is the host's logo on the court, like they used to do. Now they just have the logos off in the corners.

Tf9TG.jpg

very cool! the only thing I would do is remove "NCAA Basketball" from one baseline, and put the city name there. I feel like the city name scripts aren't doing anything on the floor but cluttering it.

Agreed. Plus, I've never really been a fan of long scripts along the baseline, I've always liked something similar to what the Lakers have in Staples Center.

Either way, this is way better & worlds more creative than what the NCAA itself is putting out. The "Same Ol :censored:" courts got boring real quick.

Archived