New Jersey Nets logo have new logo updated in 10-11

netsjazz

Name them either the Brooklyn Deckers or Bridge and be done with it.

Brooklyn Deckers?!?!?

The first ever sports team to be named after a model?!

Well, alright then... I guess.

I would definitely get behind this name. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Not a fan.

5992.gif

I see promise in here, namely in using mixed-case Helvetica. My ideal New York Nets design would be somehow based on the imagery of the NYC Subway. Colored circles, Helvetica, that sort of thing. the network of public transportation, if you will.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

People are really stretching when they say the NETS in the current Nets logo represents the netting.

Especially since the wordmark is above the rim. Have they ever seen a basketball game? ;)

I guess the idea is not so much where it is, just that it's there, if you accept that it's an abstract depiction. As in, you can't say "there's no net in that logo" because there is, and it's the biggest thing in the logo. It just happens to be a wordmark. Maybe it is giving the designer the benefit of the doubt, but all thinks considered I prefer it tto the other logos from their history posted here, none of which has an actual net either.

(Not sure why I've been on opposite sides of a few issues with you two lately. Nothing personal, I assure you.)

Meh. Not a fan.

5992.gif

I see promise in here, namely in using mixed-case Helvetica. My ideal New York Nets design would be somehow based on the imagery of the NYC Subway. Colored circles, Helvetica, that sort of thing. the network of public transportation, if you will.

I've always secretly liked that logo, but the odd partition of the red/blue looks like someone was playing with the Fill Bucket tool in Paint and said "Hmm, that'll do"

But yes, I like the Helvetica as well.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

People are really stretching when they say the NETS in the current Nets logo represents the netting.

Especially since the wordmark is above the rim. Have they ever seen a basketball game? ;)

I guess the idea is not so much where it is, just that it's there, if you accept that it's an abstract depiction. As in, you can't say "there's no net in that logo" because there is, and it's the biggest thing in the logo. It just happens to be a wordmark. Maybe it is giving the designer the benefit of the doubt, but all thinks considered I prefer it tto the other logos from their history posted here, none of which has an actual net either.

Other Nets logos, however, haven't attempted to replicate the look of a basketball hoop. With the shield providing an abstract backboard and the ring representing the rim, the current Nets logo does attempt to replicate a basketball hoop, but they've left out the part of that piece of equipment that the team is named after. That's a greater offence then not having any part of a hoop at all, for a team named the Nets anyway.

(Not sure why I've been on opposite sides of a few issues with you two lately. Nothing personal, I assure you.)

BURN THE HERETIC! :P

A question for those arguing that Nets logo should depict a net.

What do Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Clippers and Thunder logos have in common?

It's not that the Nets logo doesn't depict a net. It's that it goes out of its way to depict every part of a basketball hoop except the net.

Well I rather have bland and ok instead of off the wall and terrible. If anything, the unique font for the NETS script is enough to carry the logo.

Besides, it's not like the current logo is anything other then a wordmark and a ball, if you really take a look at it.

I mean it's nothing exciting, or even good. It's the Nets though. What more do you want?

NewJerseyNets_PML1_1991-1997.png

What if you created a "net" texture in the word NETS. Then it'd look like the ball is falling through a net...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

A question for those arguing that Nets logo should depict a net.

What do Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Clippers and Thunder logos have in common?

It's not that the Nets logo doesn't depict a net. It's that it goes out of its way to depict every part of a basketball hoop except the net.

Well, when you put it like that... yeah, maybe the word "Nets" representing the net is now firmly in the "stretch" category for me.

Fake or official ?

208796_10150147456258174_73812123173_6639140_534353_n.jpg

I can honestly say I've never seen that before....but DANG that's good. I kinda hope it would be official. I like the "Nets" script especially.

Although I will say, the first thought that came to my mind was that it looked like Saturn. Take out "Nets", and that could work for some spaced-themed team.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Plus, using an Agency-Bold derivative for "Brooklyn" when the OKC THunder's identity practically hinges on using a nigh-identical typeface wouldn't happen in the NBA.

In the Goddamned NHL, however...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Fake or official ?

208796_10150147456258174_73812123173_6639140_534353_n.jpg

Fake.

Very nice, but fake.

First clue: the Nets haven't confirmed that they'll be the "Nets" when they get to Brooklyn. And indications are that they won't be.

I think its funny that we have 3 pages of people saying how bad the Nets logo is - especially because it does not depict a Net - and then here comes a concept thats better executed but with the same problem and people are loving it.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Plus, using an Agency-Bold derivative for "Brooklyn" when the OKC THunder's identity practically hinges on using a nigh-identical typeface wouldn't happen in the NBA.

In the Goddamned NHL, however...

OKC uses Industria.

The Indiana Pacers use Agency.

:upside:

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived