MiLB Redesigns From MDC

MDC

As some of you know, I am currently heading into the fourth quarter of my senior year of high school. This means, with the exception of AP tests, I have zero motivation for schoolwork. This leaves me with a ton of free time. Like any cool kid, I have been using Inkscape a lot lately and decided to start doing some Minor League Redesigns. Its been a while since I've posted anything in here, and I feel my skills have improved. Its pretty sad to see what the Concepts section has become. When I first joined, there were jaw-dropping concepts left and right. Now, there's a lot less of these types of threads. Guys like jaha and robbman have been keeping things afloat for awhile now it seems (and that one guy who did those KILLER defunct NHL team concepts). Id like to spark a little revival in the coming months, provided I stay motivated myself. I'm not saying I am here to blow anybody away, but I spent a lot of time on this, and am confident in what I produced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SeriesSuns.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALBUQUERQUE ISOTOPES

The Isotopes real-life identity is interesting. Not a bad idea, but it is so inconsistent and random. In my concept, I continued the atomic theme, as well as brought the radioactive symbol into play with my cap logo. The cap logo is a very abstract 'A' as in 'Albuquerque.' The script is custom made, and I feel works really well with a name like Isotopes, which was taken from that Simpsons episode. I applied the 'traveling particle' theme to the uniforms (on the pants and sleeves) for some uniqueness.Minor league teams are known for their out-of-the-box ideas, so I went with it. Let me know what you think. Thanks to whoever made these templates, you are one cool dude.

LOGOS:

ISOTOPESLOGOS.png

UNIFORMS:

ISOTOPESUNIFORMS.png

What team should I try next? I'm trying to avoid teams that already have a nice set. Instead, I'm looking to update some teams that are stuck with notebook doodles as logos

EDIT: HAHA, just realized I put Matt Kemp as number 7 and not James Loney. Thats what I get for going by memory

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work here! I definetely love the cap and script, you've put a nice spin on the atomic theme here. Well done!

As for suggestions of other teams, you should check out the Ogden Raptors of the Pioneer League. They are in desperate need of a redesign...you'll see what I'm talking about if you havent seen 'em already :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I personally really like the current Isotopes look and how uniquely recongizable it is. Their A with the electrons or whatever flying around it is really good, so in my opinion, there isnt much to improve on. On yours, the letters are too bubbly. Not that bubbly is bad here, but it's just a little too bubbly for my taste. Also the red outline on the yellow words isnt on the interior of the letters. It's throwing me off how it just stops in some of the gaps in the letters. I cant help but see a face in the "OTO" where each O is a wide open eye and the T is a big nose, but that might just be me. the cap logo is decent and I like the lightning in the ball

the script is hard to read, but I like the logo. I'd personally ditch the red ring around it and make the bolt-ball bigger on the nuclear symbol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thanks for the comments guys.Sorry, the tacos are not quite yet ready, you'll have to come back for my next concept. Sorry about the spelling mistakes, I have no idea what the hell happened there. I may go back and update this whenever I feel like doing so. Right now, I feel like moving on for a bit.

My next team will be the Louisville Bats, which should be up within a day or two. Thanks for the suggestion knnhrvy, I will definitely do the Ogden Raptors at some point, that logo is horrendous.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Alright, I am back and have changed the topic title to officially mark this as a "series." Hopefully I can get a good amount of teams in. Here's team number 2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOUISVILLE BATS

The bats currently have a weird logo set. The name Louisville Bats is clever, and the use of the logo to depict an animal instead of a baseball bat is even moreso. However, their version is ber out of the box, and really doesnt resemble much of a bat. My logo is quite the caricature of a bat hanging upside-down. Now, I wasnt sure how well this turned out, and I could flip the bat back up the right way. Also, currently he is hanging onto nothing. I tossed around the idea of putting another baseball bat there, but I thought that would be too repetitive. The cap logos are prety self-explanatory. The home, road, and alternate uniforms are pretty basic, I thought they deserved a clean look. I "spread my wings" on the alternate. If you guys think this is one of those quirky designs that works, I'll keep it, but I knew I would be treading in dangerous waters with this one. So.................let me know what you think. More team suggestions are appreciated. Right now, the Ogden Raptors will probably be my next project.

LOGOS:

LouisvilleBatsLogo.png

UNIFORMS:

Louisvillebatsuniforms.png

sigpurp.png

love what you did with the bats. espesiclly the alternate jersey. very creative. the logo is really good. bats hang upside down (the animal bats) so it works. through the bat looks a little to cuddly. (ok for a minor league team I guess.) overall two very great concepts MDC. look forward to more of your work,

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

love what you did with the bats. espesiclly the alternate jersey. very creative. the logo is really good. bats hang upside down (the animal bats) so it works. through the bat looks a little to cuddly. (ok for a minor league team I guess.) overall two very great concepts MDC. look forward to more of your work,

Those were my thoughts, too. The bat should look a little more aggressive.

25yzwqg.png

Archived